Where are you now?

After taking my home town club Shrewsbury from league 2 to the championship (a couple of relegations included unfortunatly) I was just wondering when you feel you've dedicated too much time to one save.

I am still enjoying the game but am for the 1st time ever in the year 2025. I normally quit/get sacked/bored with 5-7years.

Do others out there have similarly long (for me) saves or are we more of the see where we are in 5-7 years then start again? I think for me it is when real life players become very thin on the ground as obviously the majority are now too old/retired.

I can't make up my mind if that takes some of the fun out of it for me? Anyway sorry to bombard you with my random thoughts just wondered where other people are in there current saves!

5 years at Warrington

1 year at Coventry

10 years at Kilmarnock

Currently in 3rd season at AC Milan.

My next goal is to win the Champions League, then take over at Wigan in League One and try and get them back to the Prem!

5 years at Warrington

1 year at Coventry

10 years at Kilmarnock

Currently in 3rd season at AC Milan.

My next goal is to win the Champions League, then take over at Wigan in League One and try and get them back to the Prem!

why did you go from Coventry to Kilmarnock? no disrespect to the scottish league, but you could get Coventry to the premier league! and have a better reputation.

I lose interest when the computer starts degrading.

The AI seems to be pretty terrible at developing talent which means they end up with a team of 35 year old hasbeens who aren't particularly hard to beat with my team of 23 year old wonderkids. Sadly, even leaving the club to take a league 2 team up etc isn't particularly challenging when this happens because all the teams are just that much worse than they would have been at the start of the game.

Though I have to say I'm not that fussed about real life players anymore. I think I've played enough to actually be a bit sick of some of them. I now stubbornly refuse to sign Neymar, Kroos or Hamsik just because they've made the backbone of so many of my teams.

why did you go from Coventry to Kilmarnock? no disrespect to the scottish league, but you could get Coventry to the premier league! and have a better reputation.

Coventry were in a bad state. After exactly 365 days in charge - I could stand no more ;)

Managed to topple the Old Firm after 8 years of mid-table finishes at Kilmarnock. Resigned after three titles, and left them in a healthy position with my own reputation very high!

I'm currently doing a journeyman career type of save. Started unemployed. Took over at BV Veendam in Holland, Jupiler league. After 6 months, Tranmere approached me, accepted, and after 6 months took over at FC Utrecht. Stayed there only 11 days, got sacked and then took over at Oxford United in March 2011. 1st season managed to stay in the league, and in the 2nd season won League 2. Now I'm managing Wolves, who got relegated from EPL, but had won FA Cup, and are in Europa League. Looking forward to do well in Europe and to win the Championship.

23 years at Tottenham. Won everything and was unbeatable. Got a ground named after me 73k but could not expand. As they did not look like getting a new one i left.

8 years at Notts Forest. Started 13th in the Championship and left after winning the Champions League 8 years later. Also got a ground that season but not named after me or even Clough.

6 months at Man Utd. Tried to but good you players but they were awful and i left with Utd in 16th in the Prem.

3 years and counting back at Utd. Some how was offered the job with Utd 10th in the championship. Back up at the 1st attempt, 13th 1st season and just finshed 4th.

Also managed England twice, England U20, Brazil, Mexico and the USA but never really stayed long.

York, start of the third season. Promoted first season, mid-table L2 second season. Just signed Pawel Abbot on a free from Oldham, he's way too good for this team, should be able to push for playoffs. Also just got Nicky Butt on a free. Hoping for this to be my big career game, with or without York, especially the way my new laptop flies through seasons.

Always a journeyman career for me:

Started unemployed (auto rep), got picked up by De Graafschaap (Dutch Jupiler League) in November 2009. Won promotion to the Eredivisie in my first season then got offered the job at AZ Alkmaar. Stayed there for 9 years, winning sveeral titles and turning them into the dominant club in Holland before getting offered the Spurs job. Took that and stayed there for 8 years, again turning them into the dominant club in England and winning my first Champions League title.

A short (two year) spell at Real Zaragoza in Spain followed before moving to Lazio. Once again turned them into the dominant club in Italy and won the Champions League again. Stayed there for 5 years. Then off to Frankfurt, where I (you guessed it) turned them into the dominant force in Germany and won the Champs League. Then decided to rid the team of all non-HG players and win the Bundesliga and Champs League with a team of (Club) HG players. Well, I won the league but the Champions League eluded us (3 years in a row) and I couldn't take it any more so quit.

It is now 2044 and I have gone back to Zaragoza (yes it is possible!) where I feel I have unfinished business, having not won anything with them in my first spell in charge. Will see how this goes then probably start a new save with a few more far-flung nations.

Archived