Missed out on the Scotland Job - seems strange though.

I am managing Chelsea - eventually won the PL and have done for 4 seasons in a row. Also won the Champions League once and lost in the final once. So overall, very successful. Appopinted Holland manager and won last of World Cup Qualifying games but had already mised out. Got a very easy Euro Qualifying group: Nothern Ireland, Switzerland, Estonia, Luxemburg and Litchenstein.

I've played 6 games and won them all scoring 24 goals and conceeding 0.

So all is going well.

Scotland and England jobs came up after the World cup. Now although Holland slipped down the ranking before my arrival, they have a decent team but not a lot of youth coming through. So I went for the Scotland and England jobs.

I didn't expect to get the England job since I am Scottish but I was shokced when Scotland knocked me back.

My reputation was International Footballer.

I initially though it may have been the fact that I was still employed by the Dutch. But the Brazil job came up a few months later - and I got it!

Any ideas?

Who was appointed as Scotland manager ahead of you - was it a recently retired ex-player per chance?

No it was actually Gordon Strachan - Burley done really well with them (WTF!?) but I think he retired or resigned.

Strachan would probably be in the hat for it IRL (although he's said he doesn't want it) but in-game I am a much better and more successful manager than him.

Stuart Pearce got the England job which I can understand.

Who was appointed as Scotland manager ahead of you - was it a recently retired ex-player per chance?

if the game prefers to give jobs to recently retired players instead of proven top managers then it needs to be looked at.

• Administrators

Yeah there was an issue where that occasionally happened however it was looked at - Strachan seems a reasonable and more realistic alternative to the user manager.

National jobs can be dogdy. I just resigned as England manager after 6 quite successful years, and the guy who replaced me was a regen who had just retired from playing at the end of last season. In fairness he's got decent stats for a young manager, though his rep is national, and he was a middling premiership standard player. The other possible candidates were Ciaran Clark, the Aston Villa player, and Jonny Rowell, the Hartlepool player, both who had average careers as players.

I mean, there are better English managers in the game. Shearer, Jewell, Gerrard, Ince, Sol Campbell, Joe Cole. I'm sure all of them should have been interested(especially Shearer, as he's already u20's manager), or offered the job ahead of the others.

Still, I don't mind. The new boss has a quality squad to pick from. And I won't be getting stick for picking 10-12 of my club players any more like I normally do.

Yeah there was an issue where that occasionally happened however it was looked at - Strachan seems a reasonable and more realistic alternative to the user manager.

Any reason you say this since I am more successful than Strachan?

I can understamd why he would get the job but ahead of me?

Does the game take this into account?

Also, on a similar subject, if a manger moves clubs mid-contract, does the new club pay compensation?

Yes, go to your transfer screen mid-negotiations to see how much you're worth :thup::)

Archived