homegrown status

I have a problem with understanding this system for Homegrown status it seems, Im in the 2012/13 season playing WBA and for instance bought Lee Hudson from Watford in 2010/11 season how come he is not on homegrown status? As I see it a lot of players I expected to be homegrown are not and regen players I bought from other english team that are now the same age as Lee Hudson (20) have homegrown status after 3 seasons. While Hudson combined Watford and WBA have played for atleast 5 seasons. This is a problem for me since Ive been trying to buy young players from for instance Ireland at the age of 17 and 18 so they can be HG when they reach 21.

Can someone please explain the HG rules for english teams? As I understand it they have to be under contract with your team for 3 years while under the age of 21 to be Club trained HG status, while national HG if under contract with a team from england or wales for 3 years.

So why are some players HG while others are not? It seems only english or wales players get HG status.

Explain why Lee Hudson are not HG, please. He's played 5 seasons and is still not HG. He's played +15 games each season Ive had him on contract. But since he is under the age of 21 Ive never registered him for the premier league.

HG_leehudson.jpg

hg_screen.jpg

HGplayer_dennerley.jpg

There are two types of homegrown status'.

One is trained at club - this means that any player (no matter what his nationality) who is added to your youth squad by the regen route is homegrown.

Trained in nation - Any non english player you buy who is under 21 and has completed 3 years with your club before he reaches 21 will be considered homegrown (think of Arsenal as the example here)

Hope this helps

There are two types of homegrown status'.

One is trained at club - this means that any player (no matter what his nationality) who is added to your youth squad by the regen route is homegrown.

Trained in nation - Any non english player you buy who is under 21 and has completed 3 years with your club before he reaches 21 will be considered homegrown (think of Arsenal as the example here)

Hope this helps

That's wrong.

Trained at Club - Player who spends three seasons at your club before they turn 21. Anyone you sign who is 18 or younger will count as club grown as long as you keep them for the required time. Club grown players also count as Nation grown.

Trained in Nation - Same as above but the three seasons can be at any club in your country.

If in doubt use the Homegrown Status view on the squad screen in the game that will tell you when a player turns homegrown.

That's wrong.

Trained at Club - Player who spends three seasons at your club before they turn 21. Anyone you sign who is 18 or younger will count as club grown as long as you keep them for the required time. Club grown players also count as Nation grown.

Trained in Nation - Same as above but the three seasons can be at any club in your country.

If in doubt use the Homegrown Status view on the squad screen in the game that will tell you when a player turns homegrown.

I thought trained in naton was 2 years?

hasn't he only had 2 and a half years training at both clubs? - Hodgson that is. However i don't know why dennerley has hoem grown status, actually wait i've worked it out - he is a regen and has therefore come through wycombe's ranks = home grown already as far as i'm aware, whilst hodgson will become home grown when he reaches 3 years at your club. I could be totally wrong of course.

Archived