Free Kicks

Hi, i'm just curious to see if anybody else doesn't score many freekicks on FM10?

I hardly ever score any, currently have Idiakez in the confrence and he as scored 1 in 28 games, he's 17 at free kicks and they are always rubbish.

Even thinking now, throught out my FM10 saves i have not scored many free kicks.

Even when i play in the top leagues with players with 19+ at free kicks even they don't score many, maybe 2/3 a season..

I asked a friend if he scores many freekicks on FM10 and he said "now i think about it, no hardly any."

Is there any set up i need to do?

I just leave the free kick settings as default on the team instuctions, and i drag & drop my best freekick takers into the left and right freekicks.

I've tried one player taking both left & right freekicks,

i've also tired a left footed player taking them from the right, and a right footed player taking them from the left, and vice versa.

But i still have a pretty low freekick success rate.

Xavi scored something like 6 or 7 for me last season as Barca, and Pirlo scored a bunch when I managed Milan.

Even though they're both free kick maestros, I'm still scoring.

There's a topic in the tactics forum about technique and set pieces. I'd recommend you have a look at it.

I have struggled to score freekicks even though I have the players for it. I started 10.1 and patched to 10.3 if that has any effect. I just feel my game is cursed, I have had around 5-8 over 6 seasons. I'm the Spanish national team coach too and fail to see many.

Archived