Approximate Player count question

My system states that the approximate player count recommendation is 125,000. What happens if I exceed this count? Will my game crash? My laptop specification is P8700 2.53Ghz Duel Core with 4GB of RAM, 640GB of Hard Disk space (2 Disks), so technically, each hard drive has 320GB of space. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS and I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

My question is, how do I increase the recommended player count? Should I increase the specification of my processor, RAM, hard drive or even ALL 3? Is it better to purchase a quad-core processor so that the recommended player count will increase? What happens if I play a game that exceeds the player count? Will I get lots of crash dumps?

Please share your views on this matter and state what YOUR recommendation player count is! Does anyone play a recommended player count of 300,000 or more players in their saved games?

Cheers! :D

PS: And by the way, when I exceed the player count, my computer performance still shows 5 stars but the estimated game speed shows 1/2 star! Why is this so? Is this fixed in the 10.3 patch?

I have 8gb of ram and also get a recommended limit of 125k, not that I'd ever consider using that!

Your computer performance is just a rating for your computer, the game speed is an estimate based on what you have loaded. If you are loading above the recommended limit then it shouldn't be a surprise that it will run slower.

I have 8gb of ram and also get a recommended limit of 125k, not that I'd ever consider using that!

Your computer performance is just a rating for your computer, the game speed is an estimate based on what you have loaded. If you are loading above the recommended limit then it shouldn't be a surprise that it will run slower.

But will I get more crash dumps as a result or memory leaks, mate? I have another saved game and my player count in that game is about 123,000. It still runs fine into the 7th season! :D

But will I get more crash dumps as a result or memory leaks, mate? I have another saved game and my player count in that game is about 123,000. It still runs fine into the 7th season! :D

I've no idea really, I've never loaded even close to the recommended amount as I like my games to run really fast.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived