can anyone help

Hi is there anyone about that has been succesfull in playing online i.e starting a game, I have done all the portforwarding stuff but my mate and I can't get game going, just want to do a quick test with someone who knows theres works

can anyone run a quick test with me

I know that if I join a game I don't need to have portforwarded but if I try and join his game and I can't then I know its something else other than port forwarding. And I can start to look at other things as Moman says it may just be a firewall thing

Well he thinks he has but in the same boat as me really, but I'm 99.9 per cent sure I have done it properly and he can't connect to me, what I will say is when he try's to connect to mine there is a bit of time where it seems to be searching, whereas when I try to connect to his it comes up straight away unable to connect to server, that's why I think problem may be with some settings I have got but don't know much about as couldn't download steam either

What kind of internet do yous use? E.G Mobile Broadband etc.

Out of curiosity, are you using hamachi? If so, delete it. Waste of time.

I just use my normal home broadband from Orange, livebox is in the kitchen desktop in the study and me sat in living room on laptop, I was saying earlier to Andy H, that I got it to work for 2009 on the desktop and people could connect to me then, that's why I'm confident I have done the Portforwading right

I tried connecting and all I got was "unable to connect to server". I do not think you have portforwarded correctly. I unfortunaterly, have to go here. Early start in the morning. But should be on sometime tomoro. Hopefully you get it sorted before then

I tried connecting and all I got was "unable to connect to server". I do not think you have portforwarded correctly. I unfortunaterly, have to go here. Early start in the morning. But should be on sometime tomoro. Hopefully you get it sorted before then

Ok maybe I can try and connect to you as the port forward I have done looks exactly the same as the instructions

Thanks for the help

Archived