Spanish TV Money

Okay playing a game of FM10 with my brother. Not online or anything just two users on same laptop.

I am Barcelona, he is Real Madrid. In the first season, I finished the league on 100 points he finished with 97. So obviously I won the league.

The start of the second season he recieved £140,187,017 in TV Revenue.

I only got £26,717,824.

But the interesting thing is that we both recieved around £60 million at the start of the first season.

Can anyone explain this?

Spanish clubs negotiate their own tv deals, I am surprised that there is such a difference in the amounts but it is well known that Real have a huge TV deal that I think is by far the biggest in Europe.

I have been playing Premier since 2 years only and I received each year around 35M of TV rights. To me it seems high enough and that allows you to have a great transfer budget compared to the Championship League where the transfer budget is usually around 2-3M only.

I think that's fair enough

Why do Real Madrid and Barcelona have higher revenues than any English club? The answer lies in the way they sell television rights to their domestic fixtures.

Real Madrid earn an average of 150m euros a year from TV rights

The Spanish system allows them to negotiate their own broadcasting deals. In many other countries the TV deals are negotiated by the league they play in, and the money is distributed according to an agreed formula.

As winners of the English Premier League, Manchester United received £52m from the distribution of TV rights in 2008/9.

Real Madrid - second in La Liga - earned more than double that amount from its broadcasting contract with Mediapro.

According to the sports unit at consultants Deloitte, both Real Madrid and Barcelona have deals with Mediapro until at least 2012/13 which will contribute broadcasting revenues of, on average, approximately 150m euros ($203m; £136m) each year.

Source: BBC News Website.

But having readd that, we have to ask ourselves why to Barcelona earn so much less than Real Madrid in FM? - it can not be the European Champions League becasue Barcelona have outperformed Real Madrdid in recent years - one may have more than the othger but in FM it is a bit of a gulf. Yes Barcelona do very well for themselves in comparison to other top European teams, but not comprared to Real Madrid.

As I am Barcelona in FM10 and 09 it seems that the gulf cannot be reduced no matter how sucessfull Barcelona and as a result, Real Madrid dwarf Barcelona in the transfer budget as a result of the massive TV revuene.

Good post Nev147.

My brother was able to sign top players in the summer where I was limited to ony one top player & a few other small signings.

I fear he will win the league next year now but it will all be down to that enormous amount of TV Revenue he received. :(

Good post Nev147.

My brother was able to sign top players in the summer where I was limited to ony one top player & a few other small signings.

I fear he will win the league next year now but it will all be down to that enormous amount of TV Revenue he received. :(

Yeah its not great but every cloud has a silver lining- he may buy too many big name and the team may not actually gel. He also has some awfull players whereas Barca don't really have any really old (maybe Henry but still good enough) or rubbish players on stupid wages.

But due to your OP I had a look and found that article - becasue I knew Real Madrid in FM got like £80-100m more but I thought thats how it was IRL but that article would suggest otherwise. Not sure how SI/FM have come up with that total - I would love to know - but I would presume they are privy to a lot more information than us.

But don't forget that figure is only at the start of the season and you will also get much more than the £26m throughout the season, but having said that so will your brother! :eek:

£60 mill mate. Honestly he is well worth it. Himself & Ibrahimovic up front is a joy to watch. I highly recommend him.

Yeah he looks very good but I'm in my 6th season so hes not that young any more - and it seems his ratings are underrated - or be it he does not seem to develop that much - but then again its about performances and he certainly does that!

Did you have Pato on your favourite personal and were you and Leonardo on good terms/friends? Cheers

Archived