steam and different accounts

i wondered if it was possible.... (here goes)

i have football manager installed on a steam id i have had for years... i wonderd if i set up a new steam id i could install the game and use the same product code as the other account???

any help anyone please???

oh my god how **** is that... so if i want it on another account am gonna have to buy the game again?? or steal a product key from somewhere?

Steam = Beyond gay.

Learn from the mistake and buy a boxed copy ;) You can't really blame Steam for the rule though, because you'd open the whole system up to piracy.

I'll personally never use Steam as it's invasive and pointless. "Oooh I get a skin and updatez" :thdn:

Thanks for the fascinating insights to Steam - no more of them are required in this thread. We all know some people like it and some people don't so lets just leave it there shall we?

Cheers.

Fair enough :)

I sort of sympathise with the OP though. I bought The Sims 3 for my fiance which required you to enter the key for access to the website and downloads. However, the website botched the key entry. Sadly, I couldn't use the key again and the game was unable to update from online - essentially killing the game off.

So I have a healthy mistrust of online activation programs!

Suggestion though - is there a way of transferring the account from one Steam to another if the same details were used to register both accounts? World of Warcraft offers that facility as long as the account holders are the same with the same card used.

One thing you can do is simply use Steam's backup thingy to backup FM and just copy it to some external media so you'll always have it if you'll need it.

Anyway, that's just for backup in case you can't "access" FM, to actually play it, you don't NEED Steam, simply run fm.exe and you don't even need Steam running.

Archived