Touching up on a couple of threads Re; Ideas

Was reading a thread about having maps etc, was wondering if SI had ever considered the Geography as in for instance If I was managing Newcastle and Played Plymouth away the journey would drain players.

Was thinking the following if you could have the option of overnight stays etc to get the best out of your players after demanding trips and for this to show in their fitness.

Maybe a dumb idea but based on a true fact.

Travel is sort of in the game, but not really implemented is it.

For example, a Wednesday my Fulham side play away in Russia against Rubin, then the Saturday I have a lunch time kick off away at Newcastle. This means my Fulham side are really racking up the miles, but there fitness is all fine, morale is high and there is no "continental hangover" effect.

The above example could add more depth to press conferences too. You could complain about fixture congestion etc.

DP: The old fun vs realism debate hey ;)

I love the realism part! But I understand why people wouldn't :)

Yep, but as it's a game at some point the realism has to stop.

We're not made to watch a whole 90 minutes for example.

Or travel to the stadium for the match!

So realism can never go all the way to it's logical conclusion.

It would severely damage my Worl League, where currently I may have to travel to Brazil then over to Egypt, back to England before going to Australia, all in the space of 9 days or so. That would be tough in real life!

Archived