Make lower teams more defensive at fortresses

I have noticed that the odds in the game for matches especially in the lg are in no way realistic and reflective of what your team has been doing. (As if the odds are calculated solely on rep instead).

As an example, my team in tier 7 has romped away with the lg, are 30 1 0 scored 96 and conceded 9 (still 9 games left), yet the odds all season have been eg 4/7 etc in my favour.

Irl the bookies would drastically shorten the odds for every one of my team's league games as a result of the way they are performing. And irl teams towards the lower end of the table would try and set up shop for a 0-0 away at places like Old Trafford, Chelsea etc. You just wouldn't expect them to line up 4, 4, 2 every match like the AI opposition does (only 1 team in my division has a variation of that and lines up with a 3, 5, 2 for every match).

How about in future calculating the odds differently (according to how your team has been performing) and making the opposition play more defensive at grounds where realistically they would not expect to come away with a win. For one thing it would make the game a little harder, and for another, it would make it more like irl :D

Sorry for yet another thread :eek:, i just thought it was a good idea.

Well i was favourites for one of my games and i was 3rd from bottom and playing at home against the team that was 3rd from top and the bookies put me as slight favourites, i was happy about this because my home form is not too bad and in the end the game finished 0-0.

It's more often linked to reputation, over current form.

For example, I'm currently pulling away at the top of the LIGA adelante, going for back to back promotions to the LIGA BBVA, having started in the Segunda B4 in Spain. My club reputation is small by comparison to virtually all my opponents and the match odds tend to reflect that. I know however, that my squad is better than most in my division, regardless of the promotion odds at the start being 80-1 for my team, or the "reputation" difference.

I do believe that the game re-evaluates things about halfway through the season, but it could probably do with "refreshing" more often than it does.

It's perhaps one aspect of the game I feel could be improved upon. My main thoughts for this are completely tactical in reasoning. Many people place great importance (see some of the tactics and guides in T&TT) on match odds. If they're favourites, or underdogs, evens... What would seem to be unrealistic match odds, can often lead to misunderstanding and perhaps changes in tactics that aren't particularly needed.

Personally, I take match odds with a pinch of salt. I rely on my own judgement "on paper" of my opponents, my team, tactics, morale, prior results and who I "think" are the better team.

Club reputation does grow of course, which is a contributing factor in match odds shortening in favour of your team if they're doing well, though it's quite a slow process. The thing is, you could for example, have a team like West Ham, guide them to consecutive Premiership titles, maybe a Champions League victory, yet still your club "reputation" (arguably rightly so given overall "historical" reputation comparisons), will be a long way behind the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

I would favour a match odds system that's perhaps more reflective of results, rather than reputation. This could be based upon, purely as a concept, last 10 results.

Archived