Staff Wages: £4,064

Non-Football Costs: £2,917

Bonuses: £1,234

Ground Maintenance: £2,731

Loan Repayments & Interest: £2,406

Tax: £1300

Other: £518

Match Day Expenses: £0

Renewal Signing on Fees: £42,671 [WHAT? Not sure where the hell this has come from? I didn't renew any contracts? Ok maybe one...but I didn't pay him £42k?!]

Now, I'm not the kind of guy to get right into the financial side of things but I've spent £1500 on players, and sold £1000 worth of players so I'm not a big spender, and the wage budget is lower than what it was when I arrived. Yet my balance is now -200k.

The main thing is, I don't want to have to stop playing or get sacked, or have my team go into administration. What do I do?

You'll just have to cut costs where you can. Are there any fringe players you can lose? Any staff you don't particularly need? Look at any way to cut costs and do it. And maybe you need to be willing to put some of the wage budget you do manage to free up into the transfer kitty or something. Try anything.

Your wages are too high for your turnover, anytime a football club has that situation they will be in trouble. Portsmouth are finding that out, Southend, Cardiff.... rather famously my club Leeds a few years ago. You need to get your wages down under the turnover figure.

Look at the "This Season" column £178,000 in £269,000 out in wages. Are you over your wage budget given to you by your board? If not then they are the dumb ones and I would be looking to move on!! If you don't want to leave you need to get those wages down!

All this is perfectly normal in LLM. SI deliberately made it so. Just get a few promotions asap and u will be fine. Just try not to have a balance of -600k or less . If that happens u will be restricted by those stingy bastards above u. Also, i have another advice for u : buy frees and sell them for cold hard cash (avoid installments as much as possible). This will help u delay the inevitable lol. Cheers to another LLM .

I had a similar problem at Ton Pentre, but not as much of a large scale, even though I was well under wage budget. I got 40K in winnings and lost 9K on bonuses and I still had a negative bank balance of 2K. Luckily, new 15K sponsor comes in and Euro Cup was waiting for us but board still restricted things, so I left.

Archived