6 quick questions about patches

Just a few questions about the patches:

1) If I have a career started with 10.2, and then download 10.3 is it possible to continue that career with the 10.2 patch?

2) If I have patch 10.3, can I join a NG with someone who as 10.2 and doesn’t want to install patch 10.3?

3) Is it possible to just install to 10.2 when you run FM through steam? (This is for a different PC I want to use for FM, and get the achievements, etc and I don’t want steam on the current PC)

4) If the NG host has 10.3 installed and I just have 10.2, can I join that game?

5) If I download patch 10.3, can I start a game using 10.2 or is there no option and you have to use 10.3 once it’s installed?

6) Can I join a NG with someone who installed FM through steam, and I haven’t or do you both have to have installed FM via steam/ without it?

These are for different scenarios that I am coming across, and just want it to be cleared up. Hope they all make sense and someone can answer them for me.

Thanks.

Just a few questions about the patches:

1) If I have a career started with 10.2, and then download 10.3 is it possible to continue that career with the 10.2 patch?

2) If I have patch 10.3, can I join a NG with someone who as 10.2 and doesn’t want to install patch 10.3?

3) Is it possible to just install to 10.2 when you run FM through steam? (This is for a different PC I want to use for FM, and get the achievements, etc and I don’t want steam on the current PC)

4) If the NG host has 10.3 installed and I just have 10.2, can I join that game?

5) If I download patch 10.3, can I start a game using 10.2 or is there no option and you have to use 10.3 once it’s installed?

6) Can I join a NG with someone who installed FM through steam, and I haven’t or do you both have to have installed FM via steam/ without it?

These are for different scenarios that I am coming across, and just want it to be cleared up. Hope they all make sense and someone can answer them for me.

Thanks.

1. No (Hersie hasn't read the question properly, he thinks you want to continue a 10.2 save on 10.3 :p )

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. You can use any database but if you install 10.3 patch you use 10.3 patch.

6. I don't think Steam affects NGs so as long as you have the same patch version it should be fine.

Actually, 1 more, If I download 10.3 and carry on my career I started with 10.2 will the 2 patches conflict? I've read that some people think it does and some don't, what's the general feeling about it?

No, 10.3 is an update of 10.2

You can continue your career but you can never go back to 10.2 with that career once you've saved it in 10.3

Archived