Game slowdown on 10.3 - Anyone Else?

Ive applied the new patch, have been playing FM games and patching them for years and years but this time i have a problem.

The issue is that i seem to have a delay when transfering between screens, before someone says it, its not on data processing therefore not an issue with the amount of leagues selected, i understand more leagues slower data processing. For example, i go to a players screen which loads the profile tab, i then try to view stats the bar highlights the stats tab but the actual stats screen takes a good 5 seconds to load. Its not just on player screens, it happends on all.

At 1st i did think i had loaded to many leagues (even though it was the same as on 10.2) but i loaded up premiership only and the same problem.

Anyone else had this? I cant play with the game like this is a nightmare. Any advice from SI would be great.

Seems fine for me so far,but i havn't started a new game on 10.3,just applied the patch to an existing save.

Have you tried turning down the graphics level ? may help a bit,also turn off background pics and anything else you can live without,not an answer but may speed up your game.

I havent tried that but all i have done is apply the new patch, was playing fine on the old patch before, not a problem so shouldnt need to change those settings. Thanks for the info tho

my issue is not the game running faster or slower after hitting continue, saving or loading, it is moving between screens eg player to player or players profile to there history.

As ive said ive played FM for more years than i can remember and this is the 1st time anything like this has happened, the only thing thats changed is the patch 10.2 to 10.3

my issue is not the game running faster or slower after hitting continue, saving or loading, it is moving between screens eg player to player or players profile to there history.

As ive said ive played FM for more years than i can remember and this is the 1st time anything like this has happened, the only thing thats changed is the patch 10.2 to 10.3

Hi, are you using a Custom Skin or any graphics packs at all?

It might be worth deleting your cache files to see if that helps as something may have got corrupted.

Info on how to do this:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455398&postcount=29

Let us know if this has helped.

For me, after losing 2GB of RAM a few days ago to a motherboard problem 2GB (whats remaining) just isn't enough to run the game at all anymore on vista, outside of a game is fine but it takes half an hour to do a match and its just too long. That's with commentary only selected, I'm getting a new pc in the next month or so though, so I am lucky to be a in a position where I don't have to wait too long to enjoy it again lol.

Hi Steve, thanks for the information, i have deleted the cache folder but unfortunatly i have the same issue.

I am using the default skin but yes do have a few graphics packs (facepacks, logo's ect) but nothing new since the patch upgrade. I have set in the preferences not to show playing pictures but again no change. This is happening between screens where a customer graphic isnt loaded too.

Any further help would be greatly received.

Just to add to the above, i moved my graphics folder which contains all my graphics packs reloaded the skin (which did remove all the custom stuff) but no change :(

Phew sorted...

I had to remove all folders from Start --> [uSERNAME] --> App Data --> Roaming --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2010.

This set the game back to the default settings (I was in windowed mode, when i loaded the game back up i was in full screen, also the game adviser was back on) and it works fine now. So something must have happend during the update which the game didnt like but its all ok now.

Thanks everyone, SI please feel free to close this thread now if you wish.

Archived