Opposition instructions being canceled! Why?

As the title suggests my oppostion instructions are being canceled. It seems to happen if I change formation during a match to a different preset formation, e.g. if I change from my preset "4-4-2 Attacking" formation to my preset "4-4-2 Counter Attacking" formation the instructions will just be wiped clear. So at the moment I'm just playing without them as I have about 5-6 tweaked tactics that I like to switch between depending on the oppositions tactics, meaning the instuctions seem to always have been wiped by the end of the game. If anyone knows what's doing this and how I can stop it I'd be grateful for their advice. Thanks.

Originally posted by backpackant:

Tricky issue for SI. If it didn't reset you'd have people complaining that it didn't.

ROCK ... SI ... HARD PLACE.

I'm not quite sure why people would complain because surely the opposition instructions that you've set up would still be valid or at least the majority of them?

The opposition instructions are tricky. I often find that - for no apparent reason - my players are to continuously man mark one of the opposing centrebacks. And it's not because I change tactics. Every time the AI makes a substitution you really have to check the instructions or strange things will happen. It's not ideal.

Personally, I find this very annoying. When you switch to a different tactic, the OI should stay the same!

There should be an option to save a pre-set version of the OI as well, so that you don't have to keep putting hard tackle, wrong foot on every winger. Of course, would be difficult to implement due to all of the different formations.

C.

Originally posted by backpackant:

Tricky issue for SI. If it didn't reset you'd have people complaining that it didn't.

Simple - put a RESET button on the OI page. That would be a great move. SI, if your listening, put a RESET BUTTON ON THE OI INSTRUCTIONS PAGE!

Also, I would love it if my Assistant Manager would recommend to me what to do with OI - only because I get bored clicking through it all. You could double-check your Ass Mans recommendations and then alter them according to what you want. It would save me wearing out my mouse button by clicking through it all. I literally am wearing down my laptop mouse button by the way - and mostly due to FM!

Ass Man recommendation and a reset button would really improve things.

Fair play to the OP as well because this really is one of the more annoying features of the game - constantly having to change and select the OI is boring!

C.

Agreed. It is highly irritating having to do the opposition instructions again ahwne changing to another preset formation. Might only be a little thing, but it's a major nuisance for me.

Originally posted by Sir_Liam:

Agreed. It is highly irritating having to do the opposition instructions again when changing to another preset formation. Might only be a little thing, but it's a major nuisance for me.

Originally posted by footynut:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

I'm not quite sure why people would complain because surely the opposition instructions that you've set up would still be valid or at least the majority of them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Sorry, I rushed my answer. I'm actually in the camp that agrees with the OP, but just trying to offer an opinion.

Most of the time I'd prefer the instructions to stick. The main exception for me is when the AI goes 4-2-4 on you when defending a narrow lead - I usually have very different instructions.

I wouldn't complain if this happened, though.

Originally posted by crouchaldinho:

There should be an option to save a pre-set version of the OI as well, so that you don't have to keep putting hard tackle, wrong foot on every winger. Of course, would be difficult to implement due to all of the different formations.

C.

OI used to get saved with formations in fm07. i have no idea why SI removed this from 08, they mussa had a good enough reason. but i guarantee that i would have completed many more matches per session if i got fed up with doing the same OI before every game.

separate preset or save with formations, i don't care. as long as it's in fm09, i'm happy.

OI instructions getting cancelled with AI substitutions doesn't bother me tbh. as long as my changes are implimented before their sub makes an impact, no complaints.

seriously

its so boring setting the OI every time before a match

its like freaking labor work click and clicking on those stupid drop down boxes and doing it for each person

make it like fm07 like the previous poster said!

Archived