Foreigner rules and transfer policies

I've noticed that rich teams keep on buying high-valued foreign players, even when there is a restriction for foreigners. For example, in the Russian Premier League there are only six players allowed in the first 11, but teams like CSKA buy good foreign players instead of Russians. As a result they are forced to leave a lot of them on the bench and field second string players instead. It's probably not very high on the to-do list but SI should probably look into this

I've noticed that rich teams keep on buying high-valued foreign players, even when there is a restriction for foreigners. For example, in the Russian Premier League there are only six players allowed in the first 11, but teams like CSKA buy good foreign players instead of Russians. As a result they are forced to leave a lot of them on the bench and field second string players instead. It's probably not very high on the to-do list but SI should probably look into this

How many is too much?

In real life CSKA have 9 foreigners in their 22 men squad.

And they have 8 foreigners they are loaning out at the moment.

In your save; how many foreigners do they have?

How many is too much?

In real life CSKA have 9 foreigners in their 22 men squad.

And they have 8 foreigners they are loaning out at the moment.

In your save; how many foreigners do they have?

CSKA: 18.

Zenit: 19.

Spartak: 19.

FC Moscow: 17.

Amkar: 12.

Saturn: 14.

And the Russian League Rules state only 6 foreign players in the first11. So... 17-19 foreigners in the squad is a bit much... And it's not all. They all have a couple of loan-listed foreigners in their reserves.

CSKA: 18.

Zenit: 19.

Spartak: 19.

FC Moscow: 17.

Amkar: 12.

Saturn: 14.

And the Russian League Rules state only 6 foreign players in the first11. So... 17-19 foreigners in the squad is a bit much... And it's not all. They all have a couple of loan-listed foreigners in their reserves.

I'm assuming you're stating the numbers of foreigners in your FM10 save?

Well, actually it's almost spot on with real life then;

CSKA have (in real life) 17 foreign players at the moment.

As opposed to the 18 in your save.

Saturn have 11 in real life and 14 in your save.

Seems the Russian teams actually like to have a lot of foreigners in real life (maybe as investments?) and FM is reflecting this pretty accurate

http://img85.imageshack.us/i/62858017.jpg/

Here's a screenshot. As you can see they have to leave a lot of their bought players off the pitch. They even need a couple of players from their reserve team to fill up their squad.

Well, they seem to do the same (and other Russian Teams as well) in real life: might seem stupid, I agree, but they do it anyway ;)

Being in the Ukraine (in game), I've noticed its similar there as well. I've occasionally faced opponents playing a couple of youth players, and probably do a lot more but most of the time I don't actually click on any players and find that out.

Archived