Cardiff City

When managing Cardiff city, are you allowed to play in Europe(in the game).And also, to anyone that knows, can you win the Welsh cup by selecting Wales as an included nation?That could be some easy silverware!!

Thanks

I wasn't in the job long enough to find out! Left dundalk in jan 09 to take over cardiff in 21st in the championship. Won 5 out of my 1st 7 games, signed 4 good players on frees that walked into the team, got up to 17th & lost 2-1 away to charlton who were 2nd with their winner coming in the 93rd minute. Of course Ridsdale sacked me after.I should have expected it!

I've just found out that the answer to my first question is yes.

still not sure about my second question,as i read that if you run Wales as a nation, Cardiff also play in the Welsh cup(which they should win btw).Any one know?

• SI Staff

I do, it's correct. If you select Welsh league you can participate in Welsh cup, although like real life - if you win, you do not get a European place.

Wrong. If you load the Welsh League then Cardiff S***y would play in the FAW Premier Cup. Not the Welsh Cup. All the Welsh sides playing in England cannot enter the Welsh cup due to a ban by the FAW. The FAW Premier Cup has no European prize just £100,000.

However, as of next season (08/09), there will not be a FAW Prmier Cup as BBC Wales have pulled out their sponsorship.

Archived