Some unrealistic stuff

Hi guys. I'll be real short cause I'm at work. Two things that i find unrealistic on my CFR Cluj (Romania) game:

1. Ticket prices. The ticket price is around 4.5 pounds which is reasonable for league games. The problem is with the champions league games. The price stays the same. I understand that in England where a ticket for a league game costs almost as much it can stay the same but in reality for Romanian teams (and probably all of eastern Europe) Champions League ticket revenue is a big thing. For example, IRL, Steaua Bucharest made 1m euro from every home game three years ago with a stadium capacity of 27.000. The most i got was 160k with a 41.500 all-seater stadium. SI look into it.

2. Champions League TV revenue. In 2025 after many days and nights of play i finally won the UCL. I thought it would be a financial blessing for the club. Than i woke up. I was given 2.5m for TV revenue and about 10m altogether (including money for group stage results). I think it's unrealistic. Chelsea or Inter get close to 70m and i get 10. I just lost all appetite for the game :(. I can just sell one of my best players each season for 15-25 mil and a 50% future transfer fee and make 2-3 times the money from UCL.

I dont know about the ticket prices but with regards to tv revenue, i think it differs from country to country.

According to wikipedia: "A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2008-09 season, both Manchester United and Bayern Munich, who reached the final and quarter-final respectively, earned more than Barcelona, who won the tournament"

I think its something to do with co-efficients

I is understandable to receive less than the big clubs but not by such a margin. Inter got about 30m (finalist) and i got 2.5m (winner). It just takes all of the incentive out of the UCL.

Another annoying thing: I'm currently ranked 4th in Europe but still most of my players want to go to a bigger club.

Never did anything remarkable until 2025. Won a lot of domestic competitions. Than in 2025 i won the Europa League and EuroSuperCup. 2026 won the UCL, 2027 won the ESC,CWC and reached the UCL semi-finals (knocked out by Real Madrid H 3-3 A 3-1). So I'm having a very successful couple of seasons yet when a player receives an offer from Twente for example he still wants to leave. Twente isn't even in the Europa League.

Someone winning the Champions League with CFR Cluj is complaining about how unrealistic the TV payouts are?

Anyone else catching the irony?

Take a look at past winners funny man. Steaua Bucharest (Romania) and Red Star Belgrade (Serbia) won it with Steaua being runners up the following year. Frankfurt,Panathinaikos,Partizan Belgrade,Brugges,Sampdoria...all were runners up.Not exactly giants of European football. Why should it be impossible by 2026? :cool:

I guess Eastleigh from BSS to Championship is much more realistic....

I appreciate you looking up on me. If you would of conducted your search a little more carefully and taken more than 2 seconds trying to dig up dirt on me, you would of discovered that the Eastleigh save was my initial FM10 Exploratory Save that I do with every new version. I like to see how well FM patched up the holes of the new game and how it plays. I'm sure you've come across my first serious save (using strict LLM rules) of Brazilian Third Division / Chesterfield. You can check that out if you want to see how the game is suppose to be played.

I appreciate you looking up on me. If you would of conducted your search a little more carefully and taken more than 2 seconds trying to dig up dirt on me, you would of discovered that the Eastleigh save was my initial FM10 Exploratory Save that I do with every new version. I like to see how well FM patched up the holes of the new game and how it plays. I'm sure you've come across my first serious save (using strict LLM rules) of Brazilian Third Division / Chesterfield. You can check that out if you want to see how the game is suppose to be played.

And you have a exploratory save because we all know that SI are waiting with their hearts in their mouths for your review, almighty god of FM. Being such a narrow minded ****** i was not informed of this tradition of yours that every other member of this board knows and respects. It seams to me you are either a very meticulous person or a very slow learner since your "exploratory game" lasted 12 seasons. You are a true Livingstone of FM. It took Armstrong less time to explore the moon than it took you to explore FM2010. BTW i read another great post by you. I took the liberty of posting a link. Just goes to show the high esteem that you are held in by all. Now can you let me enjoy what i consider the best FM performance i ever had?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=188920

AFAIK UCL TV revenue is based upon what each country pays IRL in order to screen the games. The big countries, esp Italy and England pay loads of cash for the rights. A TV station in Romania just can't afford such similar sums of money, and th4 they recieve less from the pot at the end of the competition.

AFAIK UCL TV revenue is based upon what each country pays IRL in order to screen the games. The big countries, esp Italy and England pay loads of cash for the rights. A TV station in Romania just can't afford such similar sums of money, and th4 they recieve less from the pot at the end of the competition.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought that UEFA collects the money from the TV stations and than distributes it to the participants according to their final position. Because if i play Real Madrid in the final or for that matter any other stage it won't be just Spain and Romania that will watch the game. and the final is one of the most viewed events in the world with audiences in the hundred of millions. It would seam fair for the winner to receive more.

Sorry for offending you. Carry on with winning the CL 12 times in a row with might Cluj. Sounds like a blast.

And yes, I will continue taking on difficult challenges... I am not afraid.

Great, now i have to go win the UCL again. You go eat bananas and **** capibaras up the ***. First you say winning the UCL with Cluj is unrealistic and than you say it's not a challenge. Amnesia creeping in?

Archived