major problems ive found with fm10

I dont know if some people have posted some of my points on here before but I rarely go on here and dont know, so i have decided to post some of my views and see if people agree with me or not

in some ways this game is an improvement on fm2009 but i can say fm09 was definately a lot more fun and enjoyable

i rarely finish playing fm10 and think to myself that ive had a good session and enjoyed myself, emotions mostly consist of anger and disappointment

not with my players etc, but mainly with the creators of the game

i know theres not much the creators can do now with the current game but i hope they will make significant improvements for the next game

my main problems are:

1) the number of clear cut chances missed. im not saying i should win every match easily but both the users and the computer should score the vast majority of clear-cut chances, as they are sitters as the name suggests. the general scorelines should stay the same but maybe fewer clear cut chances should be created as its very irritating having world class players missing 6 or 7 clear cut chances a match regularly.

2) the unbelievable superman-like saves keepers make. fair enough a keeper saving a shot but the rebound falls to a player in a position that seems like virtually an open goal and the keeper somehow saves the rebound. its ok if this happens once in a while but it occurs quite regularly and it really does my head in.

3) the amount of times goals are scored in the first minute of games. in real life you very rarely get goals scored after 30 or 40 seconds but this seems to happen either for or against me at least 7 or 8 times a season. again im not saying it should just happen in my favour as it bothers me even when im the one who scores so soon. in real life this happens once or twice a seaon in a LEAGUE, not per team, so this needs to be greatly assessed.

4) the number of late goals the computer scores (especially big teams). i play in the spanish league and they always have good chances after the 87th minute especially barcalona and real madrid, and very often they manage to score a goal or two. even if do do time wasting etc every tactic, they still have several chances. yesterday i was beating barcalona 1-0 in the champions league semi final 1st leg and gerard pique, who has long shots of 7 decided to score a 25-yard screamer. how is that possible? fair enough if its ibrahimovic or someone, but pique??? this needs to be changed as well.

feel free to state your opinions and add any problems you have found with fm10 and the latest patch, so hopefully the same problems wont occur on the next game

1) the number of clear cut chances missed. im not saying i should win every match easily but both the users and the computer should score the vast majority of clear-cut chances, as they are sitters as the name suggests. the general scorelines should stay the same but maybe fewer clear cut chances should be created as its very irritating having world class players missing 6 or 7 clear cut chances a match regularly.

2) the unbelievable superman-like saves keepers make. fair enough a keeper saving a shot but the rebound falls to a player in a position that seems like virtually an open goal and the keeper somehow saves the rebound. its ok if this happens once in a while but it occurs quite regularly and it really does my head in.

The "superkeepers" are merely there to balance out the ME. Let me explain.

There's a bug in the ME, which makes too many CCC be created, especially through the centre, as the cental defenders are leaving a wide gap, which the midfield exploit with through balls.

The keepers make the saves they do because, if they didn't, every game would finish, for example, 8-7.

This is being looked at in the 3rd patch.

1) there are way too many CCC's in the game due to the defending in the match engine being at fault. Its when the ball is played through between the two centre backs. SI have had to make players miss most of the chances to stop games being 15-14. This links to point 2

2) there are no super keepers. As a result of the CCC's that shouldnt be happening, SI have had to make the keeper save these types on 1 on 1 chances that shouldnt be happening, again to stop 15-14 scorelines.

3) i agree with this, it happens far too often.

4) big teams scoring late goals always happens. If a small team is drawing or winning by 1 goal in real life they always sit back and try to play for the point/win. Good teams exploit this, that is why they are good teams. You cant sit back for the last 15 minutes of a game giving the ball back all the time and expect not to be punished. If you look at the big teams in all the top leagues i would put money on most of their goals being scored between the 75th and 90th minutes.

I cant comment the differences refused to buy 2009 but from 2008 its much better. There is niggles with ME not doing football like decisions and making errors more realistic.

As example if goallie lacks bravery he would not run or jump out of the way he would freeze if atttacker bore down on him.

Clear cuts I think this is because they game struggles to vary the game unfolding I dont know how many plays the game got in match engine it could be the game just not picking plays right and is repeating too much.

2 not really found this the case but then again not played premier top flight matches.

3. this is an issue I have regularly seen and the amount of pens given. Usually I score in first 5 mins but it does worry me this happens far too frequent. Why I dont know slow start by oponents morale issues who knows.

4. rarely seen it had it happen couple times but evened by me scoring late a couple times but AI it seems dont adabt in my opinion. I can go with only one rightback no winger giving him ample chance to double up and exploit. The AI does not exploit it by concentrating his attacks this means they not flexible. IT seems it when you see them change defensive/attack and visa versa but actually they are pretty weak adapters.

Dont overload or be very ambitious to try and change the game etc.

ive found in previous versions that it will be pretty much fixed for the next patch but when FM11 is released the same old problems will be back again. It happens every year

yep that is strange and your so right old problems do re ocur like as if they use first build to make the next game instead of final build.

probably timeframe the issue why final build not used as an example FM2011 probably in the works already so its impossible to use final build of 2010 but they should be able to use final build of 2009 code.

I agree with the OP but there are many other flaws especially with long-term games which makes the gamer bored and usually results in giving up or restarting again. The ME is flawed but I imagine its really difficult to perfect this, saying that when there was 2D this was not an issue as nothing was viewable, 3D changed the dinamic and maybe SI should have put back 3D by one edition until this was perfected. If FM09 had not included 3D then FM10 would have had a better 3D ME than it currently has. However the market probably made this impossible and so we await FM11 which will improve a little but again flaws will emerge and so the story continues. The problem with this however is that eventually ppl will get fed up with purchasing something that appears "broke" and when this happens then SI have a major problem and will be adversely affected. The positives are that SI now have a bigger team than before and we can hope that this means moving up a step quicker in the dynamic.

One thing this all does prove is that the years of denial from SI that the game balances scores was a load of rubbish. So however it used to manifest in the past there was definitely some way of balancing the scores.

Its nice to know that Super Goalies were real, even if they werent actually "Super" as such but simply the way the ME stopped the game running up massive scores.

Not impressed that we are into Feb and once again the game has a pretty major bug in terms of the ME being realistic 4 months after release.

1) there are way too many CCC's in the game due to the defending in the match engine being at fault. Its when the ball is played through between the two centre backs. SI have had to make players miss most of the chances to stop games being 15-14. This links to point 2

2) there are no super keepers. As a result of the CCC's that shouldnt be happening, SI have had to make the keeper save these types on 1 on 1 chances that shouldnt be happening, again to stop 15-14 scorelines.

3) i agree with this, it happens far too often.

4) big teams scoring late goals always happens. If a small team is drawing or winning by 1 goal in real life they always sit back and try to play for the point/win. Good teams exploit this, that is why they are good teams. You cant sit back for the last 15 minutes of a game giving the ball back all the time and expect not to be punished. If you look at the big teams in all the top leagues i would put money on most of their goals being scored between the 75th and 90th minutes.

So, practically, instead of fixing one bug, SI added another bug to counter it. Neat!

One thing this all does prove is that the years of denial from SI that the game balances scores was a load of rubbish. So however it used to manifest in the past there was definitely some way of balancing the scores.

Its nice to know that Super Goalies were real, even if they werent actually "Super" as such but simply the way the ME stopped the game running up massive scores.

Not impressed that we are into Feb and once again the game has a pretty major bug in terms of the ME being realistic 4 months after release.

Without being privy to the testing process, surely at least someone thought "hang on, any ball played centrally forward seems to beat my two central defenders"? Was it noted and decided that it couldn't be fixed without screwing up something else, or was it ignored until 10.3 or even FM11?

The lack of awareness and reaction from defenders is frightening. Central defenders don't cover each other, while we STILL have that infuriating half second where defenders run on the spot or stand still, allowing attackers to get past.

Hell, I'm half convinced the winger stopping to allow the full back to block every cross is just to make up for the fact full backs can't defend the run in the first place.

Without being privy to the testing process, surely at least someone thought "hang on, any ball played centrally forward seems to beat my two central defenders"? Was it noted and decided that it couldn't be fixed without screwing up something else, or was it ignored until 10.3 or even FM11?

The lack of awareness and reaction from defenders is frightening. Central defenders don't cover each other, while we STILL have that infuriating half second where defenders run on the spot or stand still, allowing attackers to get past.

Hell, I'm half convinced the winger stopping to allow the full back to block every cross is just to make up for the fact full backs can't defend the run in the first place.

I doubt its ignored but its clear they have meetings to decide what is more important in terms of release and if something can be put back for next edition, it will be. As long as the game is playable then that should suffice. From a gamer perspective this is not a great answer but its a company line though SI are probably going to release something for patch 3.

I doubt its ignored but its clear they have meetings to decide what is more important in terms of release and if something can be put back for next edition, it will be. As long as the game is playable then that should suffice. From a gamer perspective this is not a great answer but its a company line though SI are probably going to release something for patch 3.

Still, after 5 releases (not including the old cm ones) the ME would hit at least a basic setting that should be the foundation of the ME. Perhaps anyone from SI would say that there is such basic setting, but yet, i see that defenders don't mark at all making far too many one on ones.

I think that SI are wasting time in so much trivial and reoccurring bugs, that could be used to really develop the 3D or other things.

I disagree with the OP in that this version is, without a doubt, the best and most fun version I've played. I think you're right in highlighting some of the problems, but in terms of sheer enjoyment, this game outshines 09. I'd be quite happy if they didn't release a new game for a few years, and simply fixed this one so it was nice and shiny and unflawed.

I disagree with the OP in that this version is, without a doubt, the best and most fun version I've played. I think you're right in highlighting some of the problems, but in terms of sheer enjoyment, this game outshines 09. I'd be quite happy if they didn't release a new game for a few years, and simply fixed this one so it was nice and shiny and unflawed.

Although you can say this it wont happen. I certainly agree that this version is much better than FM09 but it has major problems. In terms of enjoyment I would thoroughly enjoy FM10 if the press conferences weren't so annoying and if training, gameplays and bids weren't so dramatic. Yes, these do not stop me enjoying the game but they make it into hard work and after a long day I cant be bothered to put in the extra effort. I'm surely not the only one and most ppl who complain do so because of the same issues, they dont want the extra work required to enjoy the game. What will likely happen is they will release FM11 and improve a few areas, overhaul something major but add new features which in turn will lead to new problems. what annoys me most is that FM10 was billed as the game that would iron out the problems found to date, some areas have improved but others, the glaringly obvious ones, are still as bad today as they were 2 or 3 years ago.

i agree with you. the game is full with problems. as i see it its the end of the road for siga games. this year i bought the game for the last time. its getting worst by time. i prefer to play more realistic games thst this. fm 2010 looks like a science fiction game. i think it address to ages around 15. the game lost the magic and i dont see it coming back. can somebody from siga games answer us what is going on? we see amazing comebacks, super goalkeepers, amazing match stats. science fiction. i think the game is over rated. waste of time, waste of money. this game has nothing to do with football or managers. its a crab. i m sorry for saying that, but the game play makes laugh.

Archived