Players finding form out of nowhere

Has anyone come across a player finding form from absolutely nowhere? I've been playing a French MC for 3 seasons now at Hibs, he's been Ok at best for the team, then suddenly about 10 games into this season he's playing like a relative god, not only is he the best AVR in my team but he's also started scoring wonder goals from all over the pitch, the most he has scored in a season before this one is 4 goals, he's already got 3 goal of the month winners and a runner up (to one of his own goal of the month winners), along with a handful of less wondrous goals, he's just hit double figures for the season (I'm just past half way through the league) and he didn't score in the first 10 games.

Long may is continue:D as my SC's have gone off the boil :mad:

So please regale me with your stories how Kilbane turned into Zidane over night!!

I've had some strange periods when my best MC's are either suspended or injured and I'm forced to put my 20 yo MC to first team against strong opponents and he performed well during the whole 5 games I needed that from him. Scoring couple of important goals, giving some assists etc. So far he's been rather average ratings with no goals, but perhaps starting the game gave him such a lift or he's a type of player who enjoyed some pressure and more responsibility, who knows.

I have a young Italian midfielder who I threw in because my first choice was injured, and he got 3 goals and 9 assists in 4 games. Mental. He has kept his place in the team, and has maintained a great level of form, scoring 7 in 16, making 15 assists, and has a 7.58 average rating.

Not at FM10, But I remember FM06, where I had a u18 striker at Forest who was very very average, he even struggled to be aregular first teamer at u18. All of a sudden, when I was short of strikers, he got a first team chance, and he stayed there fore more than 5 seasons, being one of most consistent strikers I've ever seen.

• Administrators

I think too many people look at player attributes rather than player form/average ratings. You can often find a gem who doesn't look like much who can put in the performances week in week out.

Archived