Scottish Cup Prize Money

• SI Staff

The Scottish Cup has had sponsorship problems over the last few years so I doubt the prize money is very high. Certainly nowhere near £1M. Teams will probably get more from TV money that they do for winning the final.

• SI Staff
Thanks for the reply Ter but Willie Haughey sponsored the competition for 1 million a year so should be far more than 60k for winning it surely ?

£1M won't go far when it's split amongst quite a lot of clubs. I believe the prize money in the Scottish Cup is round by round based so the winners will get more than £60k as they will get money from appearing in the semi-finals, quarter-finals, etc.

£1M won't go far when it's split amongst quite a lot of clubs. I believe the prize money in the Scottish Cup is round by round based so the winners will get more than £60k as they will get money from appearing in the semi-finals, quarter-finals, etc.

I'm sure that ters right in that there's more money in being drawn for a tv game, sure that its like £170000 for a game being shown on Sky, hence why any team outside the SPL prays for a game against the Old Firm

There's a bug with this in 10.1, where the runner-up got £500k and the winner only got £60k, so it was more beneficial financially to lose the final lol. I'm pretty sure I read it was fixed in 10.2 though.

Edit: Yea, this is in the 10.2 patch fix list:

Scotland

--------

- Both Scottish Cup semi finals are now played at Hampden.

- Correct prize money figures for semi final and final.

So it should be fixed if you start a new game on 10.2.

Do you actually get TV money from domestic cups in any country in FM though? Whenever I've had a cup game selected for T.V, I've never got a message about television money or noticed any extra come in when looking at my finances screen.

The Scottish Cup has had sponsorship problems over the last few years so I doubt the prize money is very high. Certainly nowhere near £1M. Teams will probably get more from TV money that they do for winning the final.

There's a bug with this in 10.1, where the runner-up got £500k and the winner only got £60k, so it was more beneficial financially to lose the final lol. I'm pretty sure I read it was fixed in 10.2 though.

Edit: Yea, this is in the 10.2 patch fix list:

Scotland

--------

- Both Scottish Cup semi finals are now played at Hampden.

- Correct prize money figures for semi final and final.

So it should be fixed if you start a new game on 10.2.

I have 10.2, but when looking at the rules for the Scottish Cup it says Prize Money: £8,000 - Loser gets £8,000

Scottish league cup loser prize money £50,000

....That can't be right?

Archived