Is this supposed to be correct

I signed to English youngsters

One is 18 and plays Left Midfield and in his career has only played around 10 games overall so he has little expereicne

The other is also 18 and he plays up front but he has played around 55 games in his career

My questions is that the Striker seems to be getting better in terms of his stats while the other one isnt as much . Is due to the experience that the striker has ?

Yes, the striker who has played more is developing faster due to more "real" experience.

And no, it's not the only reason - they quite possibly have very different Potential Abilities.

I agree with this... the best way for youngsters to improve is first team minutes, pure and simple.

But PA will have an impact on how quickly/far they'll improve.

its more than just pa in fairness. whilst pa has a say in the maximum ca he will hit, its factors such as training tuttoring and appearances taht willl most affect the develpment.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was all to do with PA, but what I meant was that a player with a lower PA will generally develop slower than a player with a higher PA. But that's working on the presumption that they have the same CA and are receiving the same level of traing etc as you mentioned.

But to sum up, there's no subsititute for first team action...

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was all to do with PA, but what I meant was that a player with a lower PA will generally develop slower than a player with a higher PA. But that's working on the presumption that they have the same CA and are receiving the same level of traing etc as you mentioned.

But to sum up, there's no subsititute for first team action...

PA doesn't decide how fast a player will develop, it just decides how far he can.

there are many different factors to how fast a player will develop including training, the player's personality and 1st team experience and so on....

PA doesn't decide how fast a player will develop, it just decides how far he can.

there are many different factors to how fast a player will develop including training, the player's personality and 1st team experience and so on....

Determination, motivation, personality are big determining factors in how quick the player develops

I know that what I mean is:

2 strikers, both 21, both have the same attributes mentioned above, same training etc.

Dave has CA 130 PA 150

Geoff has CA 130 PA 180

Both players CA will peak at between 28-32 as they are strikers and that is their prime. Geoff is more likely to develope quicker as he has a window of 50 points to close in 7-11 years as opposed to Dave who only has 20.

Obviously this is a hypothetical situation and would assume both players were identical at the start, played the same amount of football etc etc and is never likely to actually occur in the game but that is pretty much how it works (of course I could be completely wrong and making a fool out of myself but it wouldn't be the first time :D).

I know that what I mean is:

2 strikers, both 21, both have the same attributes mentioned above, same training etc.

Dave has CA 130 PA 150

Geoff has CA 130 PA 180

Both players CA will peak at between 28-32 as they are strikers and that is their prime. Geoff is more likely to develope quicker as he has a window of 50 points to close in 7-11 years as opposed to Dave who only has 20.

Obviously this is a hypothetical situation and would assume both players were identical at the start, played the same amount of football etc etc and is never likely to actually occur in the game but that is pretty much how it works (of course I could be completely wrong and making a fool out of myself but it wouldn't be the first time :D).

Can i sign Dave and Geoff from you? Not enough Dave's and Geoff's in the modern game! :D

Archived