signing fees on contract renewal

are those for real..

i know there are signing fees for free agents, and players from other clubs( for obvious reasons ) .. but i swear those huge signing fees for player renewal wasnt in 2008 and older..

is this new thing.. or have it been like this in irl all the time? , and i just somehow missed it in previous games..

players asking 2.6mln renewal fees are bit silly in my opinion..

On previous versions of the game you could cut out the signing on fee but you can't get away with it on FM10.

I've wondered that about contract renewals, although I couldn't find anything on it. I'd be interested to hear an answer on that, although I suspect they do get contract extension bonuses.

I can believe it happens in real life. But it might not be a 'signing on fee' as such. It could be a loyalty bonus or something like that. There are loads of different bonuses in real life that aren't in FM. Like if you don't qualify for Europe it can activate a minimum release fee, or a guaranteed new contract if you play so many games.

you need to negotiate terms with your player, and be firm on what you will and wont go for. if you dont want a larger signing on fee, trade it off slightly for a higher bonus, knock them down on wages etc - it takes time

Archived