FM on Linux

I've said this each time that it's brought up, but there are no plans for us to support Linux now, or in the forseeable future.

Testing the game on the operating systems that the game is available on already takes a huge amount of investment and time. Adding more operating systems (and there are many variations of Linux) into this process, plus the post release support that would be needed, is simply not a viable option as a business or as a developer, let alone the actual cost to convert and develop.

There are lots of ways to get the game working for those on Linux OS', and they are well documented, so the option is there for those users, just like they have the option whether to use Linux or any of it's flavours. However, we do not offer support for those options, as we haven't tested them, nor are we about to.

A quote from Miles, the last time this was brought up.

Thanks for the quick replies esp Neji.

I suppose this answer was inevitable for the time being, but unless enough people ask, it'll never get done - I just wanted to show my support and hope that a few years down the line there will be enough support to make it happen.

Cheers.

Archived