Scouting Knowledge & Regional Assignments

I see how the scouting knowledge of myself, my coaches, my scouts, and my feeder clubs builds up the master list of my club's scouting knowledge for different countries. This increases the number of players I see when doing a Player Search.

When I send a particular scout out on a regional scouting assignment, that individual scout will only have knowledge of a few countries. Will his reports only reflect his own personal (limited) scouting knowledge? Or will his reports be broadened by my club's overall scouting knowledge?

Let's take the example of Scout John.

John has full knowledge of England, Scotland, and partial knowledge of France. My club's overall scouting knowledge is quite broad, because I have a talented & diverse staff. If I send John to Eastern Europe, a place he has no personal knowlege of, but my club has strong overall knowledge... will he provide limited player reports (due to his limited knowledge) or will he provide many reports (due to my club's knowledge)?

Perhaps I've been going about this whole scouting thing wrong for many versions of FM :(

As he scouts the region, his knowledge of that nation will increase, hence adding more depth to his reports. Similarly the more times he watches a player the more detailed/accurate his report becomes.

Hello

Opinion of scout very much influenced by knowledge of club.

Thankyou

If anything its the opposite. The opinions of the scout is based entirely on his own knowledge.

As the OP stated the club knowledge affects your player searching. It bears no affect on idividual scouts.

So how does this work with roaming? If my Scout John, has no knowledge of Eastern Europe and I send him to "roam Eastern Europe", will he deliver no (or very, very few) reports? Does roaming mean he doesn't stay in one place long enough to build up knowledge? Or will he stop and slowly build knowledge of the country on his first (and every) stop during his roam?

If scouting knowledge is as important for an individual scout on assignment as it is for a club's overall knowledge, I wish there was a way to retain additional and more diverse staff & scouts (beyond the leagues playable). Even in a European game, one needs Brazilians, Mexicans, Aussies, Koreans, Cameroonians, and Cubans for coaching & scouting staff; not just the European coaches that come with the active leagues. The only way I've known to do this, in past versions, was to retain all players from a country, but this solution causes more problems than it solves (processing time).

That's been a question I've asked myself many times, and I haven't found a valid answer yet.

I SUPPOSE your scout will benefit from pre-existing knowledge of the area, regardless of the club's one.

In your example, John will find right away more suitable players in England than in, say, South America.

If you send him to scout "uncharted waters", he'll most likely come up with pedestrian recommendations, like "Star Player #5425 every half-informed footbal fan knows of". Or with an empty list.

Or at least that's my take on Scouting Knowledge, as per my experience

Archived