The Leeds United Project

oau34y.png

Introduction

The Leeds United Project is a group of challenges I have set myself with the main aim being to take Leeds United from League One and to take them up to the Premiership and ultimately win the Champions League with them. Why is this any different from all the other career threads out there, I hear you ask. Well I am going to complete my challenge without ever signing a single player so I will be using only players who either already play for Leeds or youth players that have come up to a standard where they can compete with the worlds best.

Within this project there is another group of challenges that will prove I have recreated the glory years at Leeds. I want a player who has come up through the youth academy to win The World Player Of The Year award. Obviously this could take quite a few years and will probably never happen, hence why its only a secondary challenge but I feel if I complete this I will have cracked all the methods needed to raise your young superstars.

Another aim of this project is to make Leeds United self sufficient so they can run on their own profits from the sale of match day tickets and sponsorship money. I feel this challenge will be one of the easier ones considering I will never be signing any players. All I have to do is team up with some American/Asian clubs for merchandising profits and keep my wage bill down.

So what will you guys get out of this project?

Well as I progress with this project I will be writing guides, uploading tactics and training regimes and talking about everything involved with managing a football club all the way up from the youth team to the first team. I will be talking about everything from Why I chose the tactics I did for a particular match to how the weather and the pitch will affect the outcome at the final whistle. I hope to enlighten you into how I play the awesome game that is Football manager but also to learn more skills as I go along.

What do I get out of this?

Quite simply I get the satisfaction of knowing I can run EVERY aspect of a football club from the roots up so much so that I will never have to spend tens of millions of pounds on players. If I complete this project successfully I will also know that I have finally cracked the Training aspect of the game.

How can you help

All I ask from you guys is that you read the thread, comment on it but most importantly discuss what is going on. The key to this project is interaction I want you to ask me questions about what and why I am doing what I am doing at a particular time to how I did a certain thing. Interaction will be vital in this project as that way I can really focus on the things people struggle with most.

Where can you read this?

This project can be found at The Away Stand in THIS thread. This project has already inspired me to write a guide on "The Use Of Notes". I hope you enjoy it

Where can you leave you feedback for this?

I would prefer you guys to join up to The Away Stand and leave all the feedback in the thread but if you feel the need to leave it here then feel free. This is a massive project and it should be a lot of fun, I hope it helps you out (and to any Leeds fans out there, I am sorry if I mess up your club :()

I've already done this and taken Leeds to 5 English league titles and 2 Champions League wins. I was a Leeds legend before I resigned there.

It'd probably be harder doing it with other clubs, Leeds already have the infra-structure that makes getting to the Premier League quite easy.

I've already done this and taken Leeds to 5 English league titles and 2 Champions League wins. I was a Leeds legend before I resigned there.

It'd probably be harder doing it with other clubs, Leeds already have the infra-structure that makes getting to the Premier League quite easy.

But did you do it wothout signing any players? IMO it will be impossible.

Archived