Too many 0-0's?

Hi,

Just to say firstly that I am impressed with the new patch and I am actually enjoying the game alot......however!, not wishing to kick up much of a stink, does anyone find that they are having alot of goaless draws?. Im not trying to start a war or to get flamed but I know full well how difficult it must be to get a perfect oiled machine and as I have said I am very pleased with the game now the crash dumps have been erradicated just wondered whether anyone felt the same. It could be my tactics could it not?

Out of interest, what league are you playing in?

Well that is an interesting point actually as in my game I manage 6 teams Spurs,Juventus and then I manage 4 from one of the added non league add ons, Met Police, Whitstable, Herne Bay and Faversahm, it is predominantly in these that I am finding my goals and their goals lacking, having said that, I prefer 00's to 44's

Well that is an interesting point actually as in my game I manage 6 teams Spurs,Juventus and then I manage 4 from one of the added non league add ons, Met Police, Whitstable, Herne Bay and Faversahm, it is predominantly in these that I am finding my goals and their goals lacking, having said that, I prefer 00's to 44's

Yeah, I think there is a lack of goals at the really low levels. Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A, etc are fine but if you are going down to the likes of Level 9 or 10 in England you're going to struggle to score goals.

I mentioned this on another thread and PaulC said 'I think what is apparent is that there arent enough goals in the ME when you go down to this kind of level. Perhaps that indicates that the players in those leagues in FM terms simply dont have the technical attributes to make goals, or perhaps that the defensive side is overpowered at those levels.'

So SI are aware of the problem and are hopefully working to rectify it.

Yeah, I think there is a lack of goals at the really low levels. Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A, etc are fine but if you are going down to the likes of Level 9 or 10 in England you're going to struggle to score goals.

I mentioned this on another thread and PaulC said 'I think what is apparent is that there arent enough goals in the ME when you go down to this kind of level. Perhaps that indicates that the players in those leagues in FM terms simply dont have the technical attributes to make goals, or perhaps that the defensive side is overpowered at those levels.'

So SI are aware of the problem and are hopefully working to rectify it.

Cool, funny though as in reality there is probably more goals than anywhere else!, the other thing I notice is that defenders seem to be topping the average ratings.

I've only had one 0-0 this season, which was in an away leg of a CL match which I was happy with.

1-1 is my 'bogey score', I had four in a row at one point :(

and this was clearly on topic.. oh my

doesnt take rocket scientist to figure out that lower leagues wont score goals, world class players struggle to score atm.. not saying i dont.. i was highest scoring team last season ( well mostly due 2 games.. where i scored 11 goals.. and then in another 13.. yes thats a league.. , but most of the games are 1 0 2 1 etc.. , say what you want.. but fielding world class attacking team i find 1or 2 goals is far too little against most opposition )

now take striker with 10/10/10 stats instead of one with 18/18/18 .. and you got yourself a result

I notice is that defenders seem to be topping the average ratings.

That doesn't surprise me . In the Brazilian League there's usually an average of 2.15 goals per game which is 0.5 lower than it 'should' be (this is mainly down to the formations the teams use). I've noticed that, invariably, up to 35 of the top 50 rated players will be defenders - you'll be lucky to see 5 strikers in there.

Archived