not being able to apply for a job when there's a caretaker

is this a bug because it just ****ed up my game for me. i am number one in the hall of fame with man utd as my favoured club. i just resigned from ac milan where i won everything so that i could make the move to old trafford when the "insecure" ancelotti's contract expired at the end of the season, i had declared interest and the chairman was considering me. then they put zamouna camara in as caretaker and i can't apply for the job, so i wait figuring i should get the offer for it anyway but then they appoint frank yallop instead who only has continetal reputation and just happened to manage blackburn for two years before getting sacked when i only have three months exp. in the premier league when i made sure spurs got into europe before leaving end of season.

i see no reason why i wouldn't have been considered so i assuming that yallop had a chance to apply and i didn't? those who have seen my posts know that i defend the game and i understand there are going to be bugs but i was just wondering if this was supposed to be the case.

Basically, you were unable to apply because they didn't open the job placement up for application. Many caretaker managers (unless your name happens to be Chris Hughton) simply fill the gap between the ex-manager's departure and the new manager's arrival. You couldn't apply for the job because they were probably already in contract negotiations with Yallop. I had the same problem when applying for a Blackburn placement after winning the Europa League with Tottenham.

Hope I could help.

Basically, you were unable to apply because they didn't open the job placement up for application. Many caretaker managers (unless your name happens to be Chris Hughton) simply fill the gap between the ex-manager's departure and the new manager's arrival. You couldn't apply for the job because they were probably already in contract negotiations with Yallop. I had the same problem when applying for a Blackburn placement after winning the Europa League with Tottenham.

Hope I could help.

right i didn't realise the game could do this. still annoyed i got that news message though.

Archived