Angry Moments

I just went down and got some lunch ready. Thats all, came upstairs, and the screen was happily sat on the desktop with no FM in the taskbar at the bottom, the bl**dy thing had done one of those automatic updates....

Meaning I've just lost a 4-1 away win to Sheff Utd and a 3-1 home win against Chelsea. icon_mad.gif Angry, though I could have lost worse I spose...

For you, what is the most annoying FM moment??

I just went down and got some lunch ready. Thats all, came upstairs, and the screen was happily sat on the desktop with no FM in the taskbar at the bottom, the bl**dy thing had done one of those automatic updates....

Meaning I've just lost a 4-1 away win to Sheff Utd and a 3-1 home win against Chelsea. icon_mad.gif Angry, though I could have lost worse I spose...

For you, what is the most annoying FM moment??

Being as how most recent memories surplant those from further back in your memory my current most angry moment was an awful performance from my Werder Bremen team in their German cup semi-final against a team from the division below. Sure we were playing just 48 hours after a very tough league game which, in turn, was just 72 hours after a tough UEFA cup tie, but still...we came from behind to lead 1-2, then conceded a late equaliser and dossed through extra time before 3 players missed their penalties.

I don't normally give two hoots about any competition (be it domestic or European) other than the domestic league, but the German Cup had got under my skin - it was our trophy now after winning it in each of my first two seasons and being on a run of 16 straight wins in search of that 3rd trophy - I was absolutely gutted icon_frown.gif

I had a game against Man Utd on FM07. I was Sunderland in my fifth season. I was defending champions but the one team we could never beat was the scum. So in the new season my aim was to not only defend the championship but take some points off United. In a home game it looked likely, Ronaldo and Rooney were both injured, Scholes had retired, so the main threat was gone. We went three up after about 30 mins and I was already celebrating, thinking this might be 5 or 6. It stayed at 3-0 until about 70 minutes when my DC got sent off for a professional foul on Kevin Monnet Pacquet. They had a penalty, which he scored. Before the re-shaped team could settle, he pops up again with a second. I went to a defensive formation, taking off my AMC for a DMC. Sure enough, the DMC concedes a penalty with pretty much his first touch (of the hand!!!). three all - at this point I'm consoling myself that a draw is still ok, but Kevin MP runs through with about thirty seconds left and makes it 4-3.

I nearly cried, I have to say, I not only turned the machine off, but uninstalled the game. It was late at night and I was very emotional. I hate Kevin Monnet Pacquet now, and he doesn't even play for them!

Archived