(10.2) Fitness problems (not a complaint)

The fitness problems just require you to be more astute with your management, choose when to take the foot off the pedal in a match and replace players and when to rest players! Makes the game that bit more realistic and challenging!

This is what I do.

Im manager of Middlesbrough (we finished 2nd last season) and we recently drawn Ipswich away in the League Cup Sixth Round. I played my whole second team allowing my first team to have a good rest for the weekend.

FOR PREMIER LEAGUE TEAMS, If your a big team play your Second Team in the League Cup. In The FA Cup Play either depending on how good the team is (the prize money is quite high for the FA Cup unlike the League Cup which is quite low.)

And European Competitions you gotta play your first team unless your qualified from a group stage or 6-0 or something on aggregate you could afford to play your second team probably

^^^ Great advice, thanks mate :D

And we still won the league Cup game vs Ipswich 2-1 as well, so i was even more pleased:D

Keep in mind Board Expectations though, my board expected me to reach the Quarter Final (which i was one round short of) and it was a risk playing my second team but it paid off.

Always try to play your first team if possible up to the round at which your expected to reach if you can and then play the second team for the remaining rounds

Well thats another approach to it anyway:D Helps a lot if your an under pressure manager as Board Expectations would be very big for you, but im lucky im not under pressure so i dont use this approach

Archived