Applying for work permits question

I have signed Daniel Opare from Real Madrid as manager of Fulham but he was denied a work permit. However, I know he has been featuring in a number of matches for the Ghanaian National Team so far in my save.

Is there a way to reapply for a work permit at a later period in time, or is my only option now to loan him out in belgium until he becomes a EU citizen?

Thanks in advance :)

I have signed Daniel Opare from Real Madrid as manager of Fulham but he was denied a work permit. However, I know he has been featuring in a number of matches for the Ghanaian National Team so far in my save.

Are the matches he's been playing full international matches or under 21's? Only full international matches count towards eligibility for a work permit. How many international caps does he have anyway?

To be eligible a player has to have played 75% of his countries full international matches over the previous 2 years to get a work permit so maybe he's just not played enough.

If he hasn't played enough for his national side then you could try adding another manager and taking control of his national side and picking him yourself so that you know he at least has a sufficient amount of caps.

Are the matches he's been playing full international matches or under 21's? Only full international matches count towards eligibility for a work permit. How many international caps does he have anyway?

To be eligible a player has to have played 75% of his countries full international matches over the previous 2 years to get a work permit so maybe he's just not played enough.

If he hasn't played enough for his national side then you could try adding another manager and taking control of his national side and picking him yourself so that you know he at least has a sufficient amount of caps.

He's been playing full international matches (10 caps now).

As others have suggested, I offered him a new contract and he is now able to play for my squad. Oddly enough I didn't need to try and get a work permit though... I just offered a new contract, he accepted, and now he is playing for my team!

Archived