Is it possible to revert back to older Steam patches?

I was just wondering if it is possible to go back to an older version of the game through steam. I didn't want Steam to automatically update, but it completely ignores this preference every time I change it. I would like to have seen some feedback about the latest patch before deciding whether to apply it.

I'm now wondering if I would have been better going with the digital download option rather than Steam if this is the only way to play without the disc AND be in control of which version you use by updating manually.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :thup:

Well I'm so glad I asked that :rolleyes:

So no one can tell me whether I'm stuck with the latest Steam patch and can't go back to the earlier patch??? This really is infuriating - I did NOT want to automatically update to the latest version but it was taken out of my hands. Judging from the poor feedback I've seen so far I think it was a justified decision.

To be perfectly honest I had started to enjoy the game for the first time in years, and I seemed to actually be able to win things from time to time :eek: . I really don't know if I can be arsed to play it again now if....surprise surprise..... it is more difficult and problematic again now (according to what people have said). Just when you think there's light at the end of the tunnel this series lets you down again :mad:

• Administrators

It's not more problematic, the only major differences are that players who are playing high temp, high intensity tactics will lose conditioning quicker. You may have to adapt your tactics slightly, but really I'd take the 'poor feedback' with a pinch of salt.

It's not more problematic, the only major differences are that players who are playing high temp, high intensity tactics will lose conditioning quicker. You may have to adapt your tactics slightly, but really I'd take the 'poor feedback' with a pinch of salt.

Ever the optimist. I have to know your secret, by now i'd be swearing at all of this feedback.

Archived