Match Engine black screen since 10.2

• Administrators

I posted this in the other thread you commented in:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Neil that relates to a different problem, but whilst I have your attention is there any specific code to retain players for a edt file?

similar to retaining all from a nation but just for specific players? I ask because certain players i cant load even with reps set to 200. I don't want to load everyone from Holland just to load Kermet Erasmus or other examples.

-----------

problem fixed, i was using a third party skin (removing the gfx next to player pic ((which sucked!!)) 180 pics ftw) loading the new default skin fixed the prob, i hope many people using other skins will realise this lol

I posted this in the other thread you commented in:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

doesnt work for me...what should i do..i got all drivers updated...was working fine till this patch...

• SI Staff
Neil that relates to a different problem, but whilst I have your attention is there any specific code to retain players for a edt file?

similar to retaining all from a nation but just for specific players? I ask because certain players i cant load even with reps set to 200. I don't want to load everyone from Holland just to load Kermet Erasmus or other examples.

-----------

problem fixed, i was using a third party skin (removing the gfx next to player pic ((which sucked!!)) 180 pics ftw) loading the new default skin fixed the prob, i hope many people using other skins will realise this lol

Setting players with reps at 200 in editor should be retained now in FM2010 Patch 10.2. In regards to retain specific players in edt file I don't believe you can but I will double-check and respond.

dont know if this is your problem, but i had a black match engine screen too when i patched.

i took a guess and thought it might be some graphical ad boards i had installed, and when i deleted them i could see the match screen again.

dont know if it will help, but it fixed it for me.

• Administrators
dont know if this is your problem, but i had a black match engine screen too when i patched.

i took a guess and thought it might be some graphical ad boards i had installed, and when i deleted them i could see the match screen again.

dont know if it will help, but it fixed it for me.

Many thanks for the information :thup:

it's any third party skin adaptation that causes this.

Thanks for the response Neil, but I have concerns further over the games selection of players, I selected a large custom db and when I used the "load players from top clubs" > Iceland feature and no players were additionally loaded?

• Administrators
it's any third party skin adaptation that causes this.

Thanks for the response Neil, but I have concerns further over the games selection of players, I selected a large custom db and when I used the "load players from top clubs" > Iceland feature and no players were additionally loaded?

Sorry a bit confused, what do you mean by 'Iceland feature' - you mean the top clubs from that country? It may well be that the clubs aren't being read as 'strong' enough and not being loaded. I take it this has changed for you since 10.1?

Archived