Catalonia

I haven't bought the new game, yet. But in light of this story with Cesc, i though i'd ask you if there was a way, in the new game, to activate the Catalonian team? that is, does it exist in the game editor already or would one have to create it from scratch, and if so, and finally, can one create a national team?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but the editor's forum had no posts for the last 30 days so i thought i'd put it here instead. I apologise if i have made a mistake.

Thank you

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but the editor's forum had no posts for the last 30 days so i thought i'd put it here instead. I apologise if i have made a mistake.

Thank you

try looking there now your logged in, it will say that no post have been made in 30 days when your not logged in.

I dont understand this whole Catalan thing. Surely it cant count as another national team???? Because a player can only play for one national team. Therefore i dont think the game could incorporate it. It'd be like Giggs being able to play for England as well as Wales. If only!

No don't be stupid....England and Wales are two completely seperate countries and im sure a lot of welsh people will take offence to that. Catalonia is a region of spain, spain is split into various regions which each individually have a flag and different cultures etc aswell as variations of spanish. It is just friendlies they're playing and not claiming to be a nation as such and so therefore aren't allowed to compete in international competitions.

No don't be stupid....England and Wales are two completely seperate countries and im sure a lot of welsh people will take offence to that. Catalonia is a region of spain, spain is split into various regions which each individually have a flag and different cultures etc aswell as variations of spanish. It is just friendlies they're playing and not claiming to be a nation as such and so therefore aren't allowed to compete in international competitions.

Where did i say i thought england and wales were the same?? I know they are two countries which is why i used them as an example.

My knowledge of spain isn't great and as i said in my post i was a bit confused about it - hence why i asked.

I now understand, thank you. Despite the rude and unnecessary way that you explained it.

England and Wales are regions of the UK ;)

The Catalans consider themselves a separate nation, with Barcelona as the capital. Likewise, the Basques and Bilbao. Both regions overlap with France anyway.

If Catalonia is to be added, then so should other minor teams like the Sami (a Finnish tribe, which Morten Gamst Pedersen is part of), the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Turkish Cyprus, Gibraltar and even Monaco. These "nations" also aren't recognised by FIFA, but play international friendlies.

England and Wales are regions of the UK ;)

The Catalans consider themselves a separate nation, with Barcelona as the capital. Likewise, the Basques and Bilbao. Both regions overlap with France anyway.

If Catalonia is to be added, then so should other minor teams like the Sami (a Finnish tribe, which Morten Gamst Pedersen is part of), the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Turkish Cyprus, Gibraltar and even Monaco. These "nations" also aren't recognised by FIFA, but play international friendlies.

So do many other countries which are not recognized by FIFA. Wjat is your point? If he only wants to add the Cataan nation, then why does he need to add the Sami?

Archived