International Management

I'm just coming to the end of the group stages in the 2010 world cup when the Brazilian manager was sacked. I've applied and fortunately I'm now the manager of Brazil.

I've never managed a country before, so is there anything else I need to do apart from winning games? Eg, as manager of Liverpool I would hire staff, make bids, change training for players, start scouting etc on my first day. Is there something similar I have to do as the international manager?

Not really. You can view matches, but i've never done it and imo never suffered. Keep an eye on the national pool, try and add as many eligible players as possible, that way you can sift through a decent pool of players and not rely on "player search", which lists every player for that nation. Make sure you have an assistant, in case you don't fancy press conferences, then just holiday to next squad selection.

im currently Ivory coast and only know the usual suspects like Drogba and Toure, I have no staff as no one seems to want to join but i luckily have an assistant and i do listen to him a lot.

I just got the Nigeria job :D and they also have no staff. Just wondered if its completely necessary to find coaches etc, as bigger nations do.

Also, there doesnt seem to be any sort of money that allows to pay for wages....or is this just paid automatically by the nation? :confused:

You don't need to worry about the wages for the International team.

And to answer the previous question, you can hire a PA if you want but in my opinion there isn't much else you can do other than play and hopefully win matches. I often find after an International tournament I'll look for something else as I tend to get a little bored. I think this is partly due to AI tactics - a lot of teams play the same formation so once you've worked out how to defeat one team, it's fairly obvious how to play thereafter.

Archived