Goalkeeper in attack?

I think the trick here is to both play all out attacking (overload) and have a goalie who has it in his character to do so. In other words have a highly eccentric player in goal. There is no sure fire option for making him go up front as far as I know but the above two "rules" should help in making it happen sometimes.

Also, haven't tested this but perhaps setting the forward runs to often on your GK might be worth a shot. Not sure if it is wise tho, could give funky results.

All out attack??

Did you see the goalie for Liege scoring tonight?? :-)

That was a really good header!:D

Anyway more to the point i've found that setting your teams mentality to all out attack usually does the trick. You're GK should move up front for corners and free kicks.

I think the trick here is to both play all out attacking (overload) and have a goalie who has it in his character to do so. In other words have a highly eccentric player in goal. There is no sure fire option for making him go up front as far as I know but the above two "rules" should help in making it happen sometimes.

Also, haven't tested this but perhaps setting the forward runs to often on your GK might be worth a shot. Not sure if it is wise tho, could give funky results.

Not sure if Victor Valdes is eccentric enough to go up in attack :D

I will give it a try during the preseason next year...in the middle of a 68 game without loosing streak and undefeated in La Liga this year (2nd season with Barcelona).

If you mean you want your GK to come up for corners, just go into his personal tactics, and go down to the set-pieces, select "go forward" or any other attacking position for his attacking corner setting and he will.

If you mean you want to "pull the goalie", and basically attack with 11 outfield players, I don't know, but maybe you can just move the GK to another position on your tactics formation screen?

If you mean you want your GK to come up for corners, just go into his personal tactics, and go down to the set-pieces, select "go forward" or any other attacking position for his attacking corner setting and he will.

Yeah this is what I meant.

I wouldn't want to leave my goal unprotected, especially during a close game.

That would be too simple, but I guess it is correct as well :D

but maybe you can just move the GK to another position on your tactics formation screen?

Not sure he would actually be a GK then, if you play him in any other position I don't think he remembers to also protect the goal ;)

All out attack??

Did you see the goalie for Liege scoring tonight?? :-)

Quality goal.

I have my goal keeper taking free kicks usually. He got 2 goals within the space of five games but then his free kick stat dropped from 13 to 12 and he couldn't score for the rest of the season.

Very annoying though when he takes them about 40 yards out and lays the ball off to someone else half a yard away and has to brick it back to his area.

Archived