Games aganist/Goal difference-Problems?

Just experienced what I'm now pretty sure was a bug in a fully patched FM05 and I experienced the same thing with a fully ealier game in the sersis so was wondering if anyone has seen this in the current game, patched or unpatched.

I was playing the final Champions League group game with Charlton aganist Bayern Munich. I was third, they were second, a win would put me on equal points with them. About an hour in we go one goal up. After checking the rules, I realise games aganist each other is first decider, the second is goal difference. Well they had won the game in Munich one-nil, so winning one-nil in London in this game would be no good as they had a better goal difference. They had +3 we had +2. So go all out attack from 70th onwards and get a second goal. Game ends 2-0. We have better goal difference and overall have outscored them but they go through. I'm not even sure how the game worked that out, other than perhaps they were there at there start of the night or alphabetical order. Something similar happened at the world cup to me in an older game.

It didn't annoy me that much because until I socred the first goal didn't really consider what might happen as I didn't expect to win. Havn't been in that situation in FM08 yet, has anyone else and how did it work out?

Just experienced what I'm now pretty sure was a bug in a fully patched FM05 and I experienced the same thing with a fully ealier game in the sersis so was wondering if anyone has seen this in the current game, patched or unpatched.

I was playing the final Champions League group game with Charlton aganist Bayern Munich. I was third, they were second, a win would put me on equal points with them. About an hour in we go one goal up. After checking the rules, I realise games aganist each other is first decider, the second is goal difference. Well they had won the game in Munich one-nil, so winning one-nil in London in this game would be no good as they had a better goal difference. They had +3 we had +2. So go all out attack from 70th onwards and get a second goal. Game ends 2-0. We have better goal difference and overall have outscored them but they go through. I'm not even sure how the game worked that out, other than perhaps they were there at there start of the night or alphabetical order. Something similar happened at the world cup to me in an older game.

It didn't annoy me that much because until I socred the first goal didn't really consider what might happen as I didn't expect to win. Havn't been in that situation in FM08 yet, has anyone else and how did it work out?

Archived