What did i say wrong? Players unhappy

I'm noticing this in FM10, where the obvious responses to press questions was a catch all positive for pretty much all players this seems to be no longer the case. I've praised/backed players in press chinwags to get a negative response from the player as well.

It's either a frustrating toss the dice in the air lottery to what response you get from the player/team or an indication you really need to 'get to know' each individual player, or their type of personality when answering questions about them.

If the latter; nice one!! :) Hopefully so.

That dossier of player notes in your notebook on how they react to any interaction you give (team talks, press conferences etc) might be more than ever necessary??

As said, if that is the case then definitely a positive.

I care less if they get the hump now, they get over it or they don't. If their performances drop because they are sulking then I'll find somebody else to do their job and I cash them in as soon as. P for plenty other out there to replace them.

Not to say I go out of my way to annoy them, but I'm the boss. :D

And I've found in most cases they soon get over it anyway.

Works for Alex Ferguson; a la the BBC, Beckham, Stam and Ruud Van Nistleburger....so hey. :)

You cannot win.Your praise a player for doing well and he thinks your taking the pee.

You slate himfor playing poor and he gets the hump.

Its just insane because its simple things like this in the game that are being overlooked.

And now my whole squad is unhappy for not praising them enough

• 2 months later...

I think it's stupid that the players react to everything you say the way you do. I usually use Man Utd as an example and I will do here too.

I bet you that Michael Carrick, for example, hasn't got a clue what Ferguson said in his last interview. I don't know what Carrick does with his life, but I bet he isn't a precious little thing, constantly reacting emotionally to every utterance from his manager. I imagine he's a professional and basically just gets on with the job. I especially doubt that when Ferguson praises the team, or an individual player, Carrick suddenly feels demotivated and unhappy. I imagine he either doesn't even pay any attention, or he hears it and gets on with the game, safe in the knowledge his manager is getting on with the job.

But here lies the problem. In FM, the media are the only way to communicate with the players. You can't say anything to them privately in any way, and as such they only have the media to rely on. In real life, most players know that it's what's said in private - on the training pitch or in the manager's office - that really counts.

Archived