Transition Time

When i started my current Arsenal save i made the decision to make my main signings within the very first transfer window and use the other windows to pinch the young talent floating about. I have been very successful doing it this way but now has come the time that alot of my youngsters r knocking on the door and my signings from before r beginning to enter there 30's. Each season i have exceeded my borads expectations and am loved my both board and fans. So is it now wise to have another clear out to make room for my youngsters who i have no doubt will make the grade but am unsure whether they will take a bit of time and am worried my board and fans wont be so forgiven.

Any advice whether it would be a wise move or not would be very helpful especially if u have had to endure a season in transition too.

i usually have the same problem when i manage man utd, I dont want to play giggs scholes and neville as i dont like over 30's in my first 11 and i dont want to let them rot, But its a harsh world and i try to play them for a few league cup games to try keep them for coaches.

I have kind of done the same thing, I got promoted to the Premier League with Newcastle and strengthened heavily and since then I have only really signed young players and filtered them into the 1st team when someone gets older. It's working really well, the only thing is I feel that some of the young players will want a new challenge come 25 or 26 and that'd leave me in the ****!

You can usually get away with performing slightly under expectations for one season, if you have a good past record with a team, by which time the youngsters atts. will have (hopefully) shot up a bit and then, the next season you can kick some arse. make sure you keepa couple of oldies for tutoring purposes though, I find regens not to be so good at tutoring as 'real' players generally cos their hidden stats usually aren't so good.

I think one should be able to open new squads - and then have a seperate O30 squad where you can send all players over 30 that won't get many matches but you don't want to sell ;)

I try to discipline myself in not buying so many talents but I still encounter the very same problem. I tend to have a 22 player 1st squad (2 players for each position). If I have a very promising youth player, I decide whether he's already better than the back-up guy. If so, the back-up guy is either sold or put into a lower squad.

Archived