High Scoring Games

I am about 22 games into my A League season, and not once have I had a clean sheet, which also includes 6 friendlies before the season. I am getting games on average, 3-4, 3-3, 4-4, 5-3, 1-4, 2-4. In fact, I have never had a game that has been under 3 goals. I have also scored in every game except one. My attack is great, as I am guaranteed to score at least 2 goals in every game, however why do I concede so many? How I wish just for a 1-0 normal game. I play 4-5-1, defensive away, and control at home, changing from rigid to fluid. What am I doing wrong??

People can say "It's your tactics" and anything else they want.. but when you look at the number of goals, it is clear that there are a lot more in FM10 than in reality or FM09. I for myself switched back to FM09 waiting for a FM10-patch.

The first three games: 0-0, 0-0, 1-0. I was so delighted :)

People can say "It's your tactics" and anything else they want.. but when you look at the number of goals, it is clear that there are a lot more in FM10 than in reality or FM09. I for myself switched back to FM09 waiting for a FM10-patch.

The first three games: 0-0, 0-0, 1-0. I was so delighted :)

Hey, the OP asked 'What Am I doing wrong?'

People tried to help because they haven't seen these high scorelines so dominant in their saves.

You really should look for the statistics on the forum proving you wrong.

But then again; you're having fun once more playing FM; isn't that the most important? :thup:

Well, comparing 9.3 to 10.1:

- 10.1 has more goals, possibly a tiny bit high vs RL. 9.3 a bit lower than RL.

- Striker share of goals higher in 10.1

- More long shots in 9.3, but long shots more efficient ( 20% of goals vs 16% ) in 10.1

And, I am pretty confident on this, 10.1 has much better overall play

I would like to fine tune all of these for 10.2, but not at the expense of the overall feeling that you are watching a real football match.

Its always a fine balancing act

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4264338&postcount=53

Hey, the OP asked 'What Am I doing wrong?'

People tried to help because they haven't seen these high scorelines so dominant in their saves.

You really should look for the statistics on the forum proving you wrong.

But then again; you're having fun once more playing FM; isn't that the most important? :thup:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be destructive. I just wanted to show the OP the way I cope with the high scoring games. Sometimes it's not so easy to make oneself understood in a foreign language. But you're right. FM-fun has come back to me. And that's the most important thing :thup:

BTW: thx to TR-- for providing the official post.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be destructive. I just wanted to show the OP the way I cope with the high scoring games. Sometimes it's not so easy to make oneself understood in a foreign language. But you're right. FM-fun has come back to me. And that's the most important thing :thup:

BTW: thx to TR-- for providing the official post.

No hard feelings whatsoever! :)

English is a foreign languague for me too :D

My centre-backs have Concentration of 10 and 11. Its not that bad enough to have poor concentration in every game. I leave pretty much everything default with 4-5-1 defensive rigid, and control fluid home and away. The only thing I change is my centrebacks on the lowest Closing Down settings as my ass man recommended this as they were closing down too often. Didnt make any difference. My fullbacks are both in defend mode, so is my DM. I have tried both man-marking and zonal, offside trap and no offside trap, still the goals leak. I cant always blame the GK, as most GKeepers in the A-League are good quality and my GK has Handling 13, Reflexes 11. He has low Communication of 8 as my ass man said is his main weakness, but low enough to concede in every game? Come on. So what the hell can I do?? Play extra defensive every game??

Saying this im in the Hungarain 2nd division with Buadepest Honved, and my opening six league games have been all wins with these scores:

3-1, 6-2, 2-1, 4-0, 6-0, 4-3.

But then again, I do play a 4-2-4 formation! :D

Archived