potential going down?

Before i buy any player, i usually scout them first to check their current ability and their potential. So, i bought this player. His name is ????(i forgot) babacar. His potential was 7 stars. I think i bought him at the age of 16. So after 4 seasons, i check on my players again and found out the his potential became 5 rather than 7. Is this a bug?

P.S. There are some unrealistic stats such as fletcher having higher pace than walcott??

• SI Staff

Potential is judged continually by scouts in FMH, that is the scout decides what he thinks the players current ability is and how far he will be able to progress from that during his career.

(geeky stuff coming up)

The scales for ability and potential are on 1-200.

So say a player has 80 ability and 170 potential at the age of 15, a scout might say "Heck he's pretty reasonable now and could go on to play at the top in the Premiership".

However if that player has a bad start to his career (perhaps he leaves a great small club like Brighton to move to Spurs .. not naming any names ;) ) then at the age of 21 he might only have an ability of 120 and the scout might say well he's not quite coming along as well as we'd hoped - but will probably mature enough to make it as a squad player for a Premiership side.

As such the 'behind the scenes' number for a players potential hasn't changed - its just that players don't always reach that potential during their careers and your coaches are indicating their current thoughts.

(so no its not a bug - its an intentional feature ...)

• SI Staff
is he really doing bad?

Nah he's not done 'really badly' - he's at Fulham now and is a regular in their squad - but imho if he hadn't gone to spurs where he basically rotted in their reserve team/bench for several seasons he'd have had a much brighter career .... he's still one of my favourite players :D

Archived