Don't want to complain but look...

Second year into my Inter game (2010-2011), scout got back to me with a youngster from Standard (Belgium first division).

Don't want to complain but can someone explain to me why the game creates a regen in this inactive league at the start of the 2010-2011 season aged 19 (almost 20) labelled wonderkid and with the following insane stats? It is certainly nice to add him to my squad but this is a little bit insane don't you agree. The guy is allready better then Balotelli :eek:

Regens are fine and fun in my eyes if they come in a little (or a lot) below the ruling class so you can develop them, possibly, into first team regulars but this guy can pretty much start in the first 11 of all the top clubs in Europe. Point is, tune this sort of stuff back a little please! Making a player like this come out of nothing at the start of the second season is way too much.

jurgenwiesemes.png

Every once in a while you will get regens like this... I call it the Fabregas effect. Some regens will come through already amazing and will be near enough complete players straight away. It does happen IRL too where players are fantastic at a very young age (eg Fabregas, Rooney, Aguero, Messi etc). Look at the bright side though, you've snagged a nice little bargain there.

True but I rather have seen this sort of player start out with lower stats and as a 15 year old or so, in the youth team of a random club with good youth facilities then just placed in the game as wonderkid aged 19 with these stats.

Makes you wonder if Standard pulled him from the streets playing soccer with his mates as he didn't play anywhere before :D

@Mystere

Didn't you mention the league is inactive? So how can the youth part of his career be simulated?

There's just no other way to feed the game with young players from any inactive league like this...so just imagine he had his youth time in Belgium since it will not be simulated with your setup of leagues.

Yeah I guess that is why he turned up at the age of 19 without a history, just didn't expect a player to be generated with these stats and at that age. It's not a problem in any way just suprised really. Also, the fact that it is inactive doesn't mean the game has to generate players allready above the youth team age right? I see 15 or 16 year old players being generated in inactive leagues all the time even while they don't technically have a simulated youth team.

I am running a game with a database including all top leagues (players only, not playable) from all over the world. Maybe that is why the game has regens like this. I noticed that even at the start of first season there were some good regens to be found at various locations. Even in active and playable leagues like spain 2nd division. I thought that wasn't suppose to happen tho? Are there not enough real players in the database to fill up the youth there at start?

In the case of Standard I get it that the game regens players but still not a very common location for a player of this quality. No offence to the Belgium players but still ;)

Oh and other funny detail is that he knew he was good as well, he simply refused to sign a contract as a hot prospect. First team only hehe. Still, got no competition what so ever from other teams so snapped him up for 6 mil. Was actually valued 1.5 mil when I spotted him. Wondering how that "value" got decided as it was a little low to start with...

Archived