Playing with a small database

Hey has anyone played a long term game with a small DB? Does it cause big issues with not enough players as the years advance? I am 3 years in and I feel as though I am running out of players. I am wondering if I should even continue or start over with a proper DB?

Anyone with any thoughts on if the small DB will ruin my game?

Mmm... yeah, in my opinion, a "Small DB" game with only one nation active has some real limitations for long-term play.

I find it too easy for the human manager to corner all of the top players in the world; you can literally assemble a team consisting of the 20 best players in the save-game.

For a long-term game, I strongly recommend making the top league of seven nations active: England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Argentina, and Brazil; that keeps plenty of regen talent flowing in later years. That advice holds for every DB size, but is especially crucial for those trying to play on a Small DB.

(That said, a Small DB, one-nation game does have its place - its place is just more like, if you and your mate want to play a single-season network game where you each manage a top Premiership club and fight for the title .. It'll go quickest on Small with only the EPL active.)

Archived