sending a player out for loan

do'nt think that this has been covered but a possible idea i have had

when offering a player out its often for "first team football" but often even if the loaner says he will b a valuble member of the first team this is not always the case

the idea:

when offering a player out on the loan the interested parties come back and say player x for example will have at least 20 starts and so on so you know they will be getting game time. If these requirements were not met a penalty could be put in place from the owner of the player such as a 100k fine.

What you think??

do'nt think that this has been covered but a possible idea i have had

when offering a player out its often for "first team football" but often even if the loaner says he will b a valuble member of the first team this is not always the case

the idea:

when offering a player out on the loan the interested parties come back and say player x for example will have at least 20 starts and so on so you know they will be getting game time. If these requirements were not met a penalty could be put in place from the owner of the player such as a 100k fine.

What you think??

Nah, sorry. I know some clubs have a gentleman's agreement to the effect of always playing someone if they're fit. But to fine a club? Don't think so.

I'd be happier with the request to play them often and the receiving club saying he'll be first team or backup. Then you know if it's worth it or not.

I like the idea of having some assurances re playing time etc, but fining the opposition is totally unrealistic. Perhaps the ability to say something to the press re: the other manager no living up to your agreement or just making a mental note not to do business with them again.

Agree with Neji. If they're not getting games, recall and loan out again - which is why you should always have a clause to recall the player, even if they are clearly going to be played at a level where they are too good.

Did that once or twice. Recalled a Turkish striker at Fiorentina who was way better than an aging Liedson and yet was getting no games - recalled him and sent him off to Reggina and in his next game scored the winner against Fiorentina in revenge.

I wouldn't be surprised of some loan contracts in real life have a minimum number of appearances clause that we don't know about.

That said, I would like to be able to put pressure on managers to use my players - and threaten them with a recall if they don't. Alex Ferguson did that with Giuseppe Rossi when he was on loan at Newcastle, with Glenn Roeder unwilling to use him.

Archived