Avoiding goals

Koki

When you make tactical changes in highlight mode, the current highlight is cancelled and the bottom bar says "making tactical changes". Since I never had a cancelled highlight which resulted in a goal I wonder whether making tactical changes during a highlight means that no goal can be scored in this highlight scene?

Lost 7-1 to Norwich once in FM08, conceded 6 goals when I was making changes, thought it was just me this happened to, still happens in FM10, has to be a bug.

If you consider it's normally 3 subs maximum, then that's some long changes or some very quick goals. The game will not continue playing through a change as play must have stopped for a sub to come on.

If the goals came when you were on the tactics screen then I'm guessing that you were watching key highlights (or possibly extended highlights in a fast game). And if you were not bright enough to pause the game when you made changes then I guess you only have yourself to blame.

I don't think the issue at hand here is goals being scored while you are making changes anyway. It is making a change altering the course of the match.

FM does run through games while the match screen is loading, so it has a result before you watch the game...as far as I know. I believe making changes can alter this result but I am sure that nay highlight showing when you make a change is just an added highlight to show the change, not a predetermined highlight from the match run through.

I play on full match and I've never seen anything to suggest making a change cancels what is happening at that moment.

Archived