3d match engine crashes immediately!

Apologies if this thread has been started elsewhere but after slumming it on 2d during FM09and the first few weeks of FM10 I bit the bullet and installed a new graphics card on my PC to try the 3d match engine experience. A few moments after I switch to 3d the game freezes, screen goes blank and the PC has to reboot completely. Has anyone else had this issue and what could be wrong? Otherwise a complete waste of money buying the (above spec) graphics card.......

Thanks for all your suggestions. Matt from Sega - I've updated all my drivers, Java and tried it again in windowed mode but same thing happens. I'm running my PC on an XP platform with an AMD Athlon XP 2800 processor, 1GB of RAM and my graphics card is a Zotac AGP GeForce 6200 A with 256MB. The only thing I have noticed is that I rate only half a star on my 3D graphics performance chart in sound and display on the FM preferences page. Clearly there is a problem but I really don't know what to do about it or what to do to boost performance...... Thanks again for any help.

Okay... I tried running FM 09 in 3d on my new graphics card just out of curiosity and it works perfectly but FM 10 still crashes as soon as I start up the 3d match engine. Why could this be - the specs seem the same? Any ideas anybody?

Archived