Mistakes!

I've just wondered why when players make mistakes there rating never goes back up. i had a player that made a mistake and was given a h/t rating of 4.7, now surely over the period of 90mins, he would of mind last gasp tackles, or key pass or even score to improve is rating.

any thoughts on this anyone??

I've noticed this before but oddly just a few minutes ago i played a game where one of my players was 4.7 at HT and finished the game with 6.3 lol. I used to sub them as you knew they just wouldnt improve. But I guess if a player makes a glaring mistake and gives away a goal in real life you'll remember that at the end of the match too unless they do something really spectacular

I agree. If a players rating is low immediately after he makes a bad mistake, but he has a reasonable game thereafter, you would expect his rating to start to edge upwards. Either the ratings system can't see past the mistake, or the match engine ruins the player's confidence so much after his balls up that he can't recover. Either way, I think it needs tweaking.

My experience with this is pretty even - maybe slightly more terrible 1st half performances have resulted in no improvement versus slight or increased improvement.

Think of it in real world terms - If you made a costly error in a game, would YOU bounce back and have a corker of a performance? Most players wouldn't unless they're the type of people who have big confidence levels. I think SI have it pretty much set up right.

i get all ur points, but im just stating that this player in these fews games went to on to have good games in the end, i do understand glaring mistakes etc that u point out at the end of the game, but if ur player has recovered and played well, should there be any reason why his rating should stay below 5. the confidence issue would show and u would take him, sit him down and tell you have every faith in him(imaginary bit of course) but by watching the game had he ends playing better than anyone than surely his ratings should change. im raising any issues here, just wanted to know what others experiences were with this

Archived