Contracts-[Man Utd] Welbeck asking for lots? can u help me

SO a new contract needs to be made. he is asking for 10k appearance money and compared to my squad, this is lotsss. Can someone tell me how to get round this. I try 2.5k, 3k. No luck.

Thanks

Fabio is being difficult too. he wants 10k appearance money also :(. Theire only young both of them ???

.....................................................................................

New question, trying to make this post of mine more efficient :p

When you are about to play a team and you see there formation. Is there a way that a staff member recommends a good opposing formation to counteract their one. Hope someone can answer this for me :D.

also how much are you playing him? he may want a higher bonus if he isnt getting alot of game time, if your not playing him much at the moment and keeping him for the future just pay it, 10k a game isnt going to hurt a side like man u, surely your other players in your first team are on more than 10k a game too so maybe its justified

Exactly what aussieant said. He's not expecting to play many first team games and therefore is not expecting his earnings to match those of a first teamer. All in all he wants to make his earnings up by getting a lot for any match he plays. It won't hurt Man Utd, so don't be stingy now.

The problem here is Welbeck isn't just a U18 and reserves player. He has played several competitive first team games in 08-09 and was an important player of the League Cup winning team. He IS part of the first team squad even though he'll play more reserve games than first team games and his contract should reflect that. He definately shouldn't be anywhere near the U18's. Give him the 10k, and Fabio as well. You want to keep those players. Even if you're going to buy better players for the future, they will do the job as well and they'll count as home grown, which is very important. 10k isn't too bad when you look at some of the other first teamers. 15k+ is common at Man Utd. I've even had Michael Owen ask 28K.

When you are about to play a team and you see there formation. Is there a way that a staff member recommends a good opposing formation to counteract their one. Hope someone can answer this for me .

Answer: it doesn't exist in that form, but sometimes you'll get something like it via backroom advice. You'll get an inbox message about backroom advice before each game, and sometimes it will say your opponent tends to struggle against a certain formation. A good manager knows tactics don't end with the formation though, so you'll need to look at every piece of advice about their team, your own team, their available players, etc, and adjust your tactic accordingly.

Brilliant, thanks aussieant32-nyzm[hehe, that'll teach him, lol]-anagain-baker.simon-Ainu :)

Something i thought though in addition to. If i give them near what they are after. For their next contract. Its likely that they will ask for more/ i wont be able to go lower than what i did in previous contract :(??

Let me jot some details down[going into game to find out];

(asking) Danny Welbeck 18, 12k salary, 120k sign on fee, apperance fee 12k, goal bonus 1.2k...

now others in squad look like this:

Owen 29, 50k, app 10k, goal 5k

J.Evans 21, 5k, app 1.3k, goal -

Fletcher 25, 30k, app 3k, goal £750

Anderson 21, 20k, app 2k, goal 1k

Fabio wants 10k app also. Some good advice above though. Write comments if you like to all this :). Be good to read some more if this happens. I think i need to just ponder on some maths for abit :p.

Im thinking maybe strikers get high app bonus. gues theres only 2 in a game compared to 4 midfielders or defenders so in affect kinda like 5k per person 10k diveide by too ^^, if you see my reasoning. anyway. May have just waffled there slightly for a sec.

Nice responses prior to this though. Thanks FM forum and managers

aussieant32

nyzm [lol]

anagain

baker.simon

Ainu

I just had Tom Cleverly return from a loan spell at Watford in the first january transfer window. When i re-listed him for load he said he believed he was too good to be loaned out....so i removed this and went to renew his contract as it expires in 6 months.....and he requested a key player role and £56,000 per week!!!!!

I laughed and terminated his contract at a cost of £20k......greedy bastard!

Archived