My tactics screen is all messed up...what have I done?

I appear to have a yellow border to the pitch in my tactics screen and I don't know how I have it. I also see one of my players highlighted in yellow for some reason. This is even more of a pain because if I click on another player to adjust his tactics it defaults back to the player that is highlighted.

For instance, I am trying to change the orders for one of my strikers but as my wing back is highlighted yellow then if I try to change my strikers orders it changes those of my wingback. It is most infuriating and I don't know why or how I this is working.

I can click on the highlighted player and it brings up his instructions in place of my line up. I can also click on the pitch and it will put a yellow border around it. This, however, does not stop instructions given to my striker going to my wing back.

It is odd because I can see the strikers options and tactic explanation below his name, but as soon as I change one of the fields (from, say, poacher to deep lying forward) it comes up with an explanation for a wing back role I'm swearing again.

I managed to change things how I like with the fields on the pitch but I can't access deep tactical options for the forward at the moment. I can try further but I can't work out what is up with the screen.

Can anyone tell me what I have done? The manual is no help.

The yellow border just means you have selected the whole team, so you are changing the tactics for the whole team.

You know how the screen is split in two at that point, at the top right hand corner of the left side (technically in the middle), use the small menu to change view to Positions.

The yellow border just means you have selected the whole team, so you are changing the tactics for the whole team.

You know how the screen is split in two at that point, at the top right hand corner of the left side (technically in the middle), use the small menu to change view to Positions.

Hmm, perhaps something is messed up then. I have selected the whole pitch, as you said, but if I issue orders to my forward it changes orders for the last player that was selected in yellow.

I tried to change the yellow highlights by clicking on the highlighted player, hoping to remove their highlight and reset things, but the situation still persists.

Whatever I do I am finding things messed up.

I have found that I can just select the player I want to issue orders to (highlight them on the pitch) and it brings up their instructions on the left side of the screen. That doesn't cause any double orders so I'll have to stick with that for now.

I don't know how I got to this stage. This is the third game in a row I have used the same tactic and I have been altering it slightly each game. This is the first time I have encountered these 'problems' though. It seems as if I have triggered an option without meaning to do so and can't trigger it off again.

I don't like this mechanic and want things default again. Just wish I knew how.

This has happened to me to - whenever I try to change some sliders or tickboxes, the players position changes to like a fullback even though I am on a striker instead. It is very annoying - although the workaround is to click the player again and the changes/ticks do show up. However, at the end of the day it is very annoying and like anagain it is a big problem. Can anyone help?

On the pitch mode where its surrounded in yellow, click a player, the player tactics options will now appear on the left hand side of the screen and will only change for that player. You can go into advanced mode for each player aswell

Archived