Why didn't SI include a huge database option?

The same thing happened in FM 2009. SI did not include a huge database option. As the years roll by, people are getting more powerful computers to handle this option, so what is keeping SI from releasing a huge database option? Having this option really makes the game more interesting although I have to admit that there would be many crap players! What do you guys think about this?

They did something better... they added the "custom" database option, which lets you create as "huge" of a database as you want. Also lets you tweak it to the leagues/countries/player reputations you want.

So, is this the future option for all future games of FM??

I dunno - but when I start my game with large db option it says something like "150,000 players approx loaded" or whatever it was - can't remember started game a few days ago. That aint too bad to start with, then with re-gens etc - plenty to choose from

You must have a lot of leagues loaded, too, TonyoPFC. I started up with 3 leagues loaded (GER, HOL, FRA) and a large database... only showed about 16,000 players. Added all international players and went up to around 26,000 players... added all players from top clubs and went up to 32,000.

I just wonder how adding tons of players.... 50,000+? 80,000+? 100,000+?... might affect game speed over a long-term game.

The custom database feature is much improve than the old huge database. It offers the user a lot more control on their game. You can add players that are of a certain nationality, or that play in certain countries etc.

It will also tell you exactly how many players are loaded :)

You customise a database with the editor?

no you do it when you are going through the process of starting a game - you have the option to choose you database, something like small, large or custom.

if you choose custom it allows you to "customise" the db - you can select which player to load bsaed on things like where they are based, reputation and geographical area.

no you do it when you are going through the process of starting a game - you have the option to choose you database, something like small, large or custom.

if you choose custom it allows you to "customise" the db - you can select which player to load bsaed on things like where they are based, reputation and geographical area.

Really? Never noticed the option to customise the database

This may sound stupid but this is different to selecting which leagues are view only/playable and loading additional nations options?

Really? Never noticed the option to customise the database

This may sound stupid but this is different to selecting which leagues are view only/playable and loading additional nations options?

When you are choosing the countries and leagues you go to the Database option as you did in previous years, but instead of choosing small, medium or large you choose Custom. You can then do whatever you like with it, load all players from a continent, all players of a certain repuation, all international .... you get the drift ;-)

When you are choosing the countries and leagues you go to the Database option as you did in previous years, but instead of choosing small, medium or large you choose Custom. You can then do whatever you like with it, load all players from a continent, all players of a certain repuation, all international .... you get the drift ;-)

Ah ok, i'll pick it up when I'm starting a new game.

Last time, i just picked my leagues and large db got stuck in.

I suppose this all has a significant effect on game performance more so than what leagues are playable?

Ah ok, i'll pick it up when I'm starting a new game.

Last time, i just picked my leagues and large db got stuck in.

I suppose this all has a significant effect on game performance more so than what leagues are playable?

Yes it does but the game gives you an updated idea of expected performance before you press continue

You must have a lot of leagues loaded, too, TonyoPFC. I started up with 3 leagues loaded (GER, HOL, FRA) and a large database... only showed about 16,000 players. Added all international players and went up to around 26,000 players... added all players from top clubs and went up to 32,000.

I just wonder how adding tons of players.... 50,000+? 80,000+? 100,000+?... might affect game speed over a long-term game.

yeah I have at least one division from EVERY country mate - as follows

England- to league 2

Germany- 1 & 2

Italy- 1 & 2

Spain- 1 & 2

France- 1 & 2

Scotland-1 & 2

ALL other countries just their top league.

I play with 114000 players loaded England down to tear 10 france holand Italy Spain Cyprus all Dow to league 2 plaers from top clubs in north and south America and continetalrep players from Europe!! Still quite quick I have a 2.8 quad core with 4 gig of ram and a intergrated graphics card....

The custom database feature is much improve than the old huge database. It offers the user a lot more control on their game. You can add players that are of a certain nationality, or that play in certain countries etc.

It will also tell you exactly how many players are loaded :)

Thanks for the reply! I believe that SI will take this route in future FM games as well! :D

I play with 114000 players loaded England down to tear 10 france holand Italy Spain Cyprus all Dow to league 2 plaers from top clubs in north and south America and continetalrep players from Europe!! Still quite quick I have a 2.8 quad core with 4 gig of ram and a intergrated graphics card....

So, how do you find the speed of playing FM? Is it fast or slow?

Archived