AFC Wimbledon: Terry Brown signs your first few players for you.

Guest roberto922

Guest roberto922

Come on lads! Don't let this thread die so easily, anyway I'm in October 2nd season, stormed the BSS thanks to my Arsenal loanees, and now I'm 9th in the BSP but looking to snatch a play off place or possibly an auto place.

More updates anyone? Damn challenges , all the AFC posters go on Dafauges challenge....:(

• 1 month later...

Where the hell is the AFC Wimbledon thread? Search didn't come up with anything.

As we all know, AFC Wimbledon recently got promoted to BSS, however, you have to simulate one season to get them in game.

Here's dafuge's method:

1) Simulate to 18 June 2008

2) Save

3) Continue to 19 June 2008

4) Is AFC Wimbledon in Blue Square South?

4a) Yes. Play.

4b) No. Reload your save game, go back to step 3.

Now. Wikipedia.

AFC Wimbledon is a semi-professional English football club, affiliated to both the London and Surrey Football Associations, which takes its name from, and traces its origins to, Wimbledon in the London Borough of Merton although their home ground is currently in the neighbouring Borough of Kingston. The club and its supporters specifically regard the club as a continuation of the former Wimbledon F.C., and consider that Milton Keynes Dons are not representative of the legacy and tradition of the club.

So, can you bring AFC Wimbledon to glory? Because they sure as hell deserve some. You may begin with some extra players signed in that simulated season but don't worry, trust good ol' Terry Brown, you're taking his job.

This thread is basically your secret guide written by omnipotent beings helping you bring prestigous AFC Wimbledon back to where they belong.

What's the best thing about starting in the 2nd season? The expired contract list, I've picked up a few brilliant foreigners and I've also picked up David Blackmore, a great keeper for BSS and BSN. I suggest anyone trying AFC Wimbledon devote an hour to the list. With all the untapped talent, it should not be too difficult to achieve promotion. A far-fetched goal? I say with the most horrible imitation of an accent, "Nay".

In FM, the stadium is called:

The Fans' Stadium - Kingsmeadow

A bit of a mouthfull, but it's a brilliant stadium for a league as low as this.

Capacity: 4,500 (1,125 seated)

_1146373_kingsmeadow300.jpg

The stadium itself has a short history. It was built in 1989 by Kingstonian FC, now two promotions away from AFC Wimbledon. However, they went into administration after their relegation from the Conference National and two businessmen bought the stadium over. After 1 season, Wimbledon came in and bought the stadium, charging Kingstonian FC a lower rent than that of the previous owners.

I tried the simulation method about 4 or 5 times and they never got promoted icon_frown.gif

So i used the editor to bump them up... since then i've managed promotion in every season... currently in my second season in the prem, struggling a lit but surviving icon_biggrin.gif

I searched for any old wimbledon players, got jason euell on a free and them managed to get kevin philips for free too when i was in BSP( i did bump their rep a notch or two in the editor too though...)

i also raided the eatern european u19 teams, took a lot of chances on players with hidden stats but figured if they were good enough to play for country, found a few real gems who have helped to earn the club a lot of money.

Somewhere during the 1st division campaign and also when i got promoted to the prem good ol Samuelson gave me a decent cash injection and decides to build a new stadium... i now play at the AFC Wimbledon stadium in kingston icon_biggrin.gif

Still with the low rep you cant tempt any really decent players still so i have to rely on imports... trying to get my hands on some british talent but it's difficult.

but fun icon_wink.gif

What you should do is save on 18 June, then reload it a few times, they have one of the highest reps, so just watch the BSS. Sweet job you've done in your career though, I don't really condone use of the editor but it's your game and you sound like you're having a ball of a time. icon_cool.gif

My AFC Wimbledon career is going swimmingly. After 15 matches, we're top by 8 points with 40 points. My top scorer and assist-er is from Czech Republic- Lukas Rohovsky (17 and 8 respectively). I signed him on for free.

My captain is Frank Sinclair, got him on a free as while, he is a very very solid defender, it's amazing that he made the descend from L1 to BSS.

I'm using this tactic, it works very well. (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/2002085793)

afcwseason1jm5.jpg

One season in myself and squeezed up in the playoffs. Got an agreement with Charlton and took a couple of their youngsters, and got Simon Dawkins from Spurs (on loan), who scored 38 goals in 38 games.

Second season and not been able to sign anyone except from resigning Dawkins on loan again, but with 4 others going back my team is rubbish! Hadji and Dawkins really the only decent ones.

I've gone ahead to terminate the affiliation, hopefully that increases my chance of getting a parent club. (Currently half way into the season and on top by quite a few points, have led in more goals than any of the top 6 though, I credit my firepower to my lead striking team, 32 league goals between them after half a season)

I got terrible choices for a parent team, had to choose between Wycombe Wanderers and Leyton Orient. Chose Wycombe because they had a better reserve/youth team, and got a right back and a left winger sent, both playing quite good.

Yeah, the youth setup doesnt get a lot better even after a few seasons, remember that wimbledon compete with all the other london clubs for youth players... so it's unlikely you'll attract many gooduns... i usually trawl the unsigned youth players offering trials to as many as i can, found a real gem of a player 'dean john' he went on to be england u21 left back but maxed out at championship level... still i made about 2 mill on him icon_smile.gif

good luck icon_wink.gif

Been playing as AFC for a while...

Now in League Two...

I must advise you to sign Jonny Dixon, starts at Brighton? (i think), my record appearance holder and goalscorer... Quality up into League 2...

I'll post some screenshots of my team as soon as I can..

Originally posted by xXxSc00byxXx:

ok i will ask again...

please tell me what skin you are using right there in that ss

Its Asesino and you can get it from here. Like stated above.

Will probably take up this challenge eventually when I finally get bored of Barcelona!

I will be starting as Wimbledon later. Just in Lpool atm, as my mums at some meeting and ive had too come with her, as ive ruptured my Quad (Boo). and am physically feeling sick cos of the pain haha..... so anyway. laters my friends. Laters =]. what should i do t start the game, who too buy? and what tactics etc?

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question about being manager of AFC Wimbledon. Did a search and couldn't find a more info about this, so do you have to start at another club when simulating to June 18th then taking over (when AFC Wimbledon get promoted to Blue Square South) or do you simulate as an unemployed boss and then apply for the AFC job then?.

Guest roberto922
icon_eek.gif I got Arsenal as a feeder and I'm getting Kerrea Gilbert and Vito Mannone on loan icon_smile.gif, I've also made a loan offer for Rhys Murphy and Fran Merida, heres hoping ;p

Originally posted by The Showstopper:

Quick question about being manager of AFC Wimbledon. Did a search and couldn't find a more info about this, so do you have to start at another club when simulating to June 18th then taking over (when AFC Wimbledon get promoted to Blue Square South) or do you simulate as an unemployed boss and then apply for the AFC job then?.

Take over by adding a new manager and retiring the old one, since there's already an existing manager at AFC Wimbledon.

Archived